Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Wound system in FG

Hey all,

I'm new to 5E and FG. Haven't played p&p D&D since 3.5. A bit of Eberron, Seven Seas and Star Wars (Saga). I've played all the WoTC PC games to death.

I've just gotten the ultimate license and I've been rolling characters and learning the system. I have a couple of questions about the wounds system since I can't seem to find it in the PHB. Skimmed through the combat section of the DMG, didn't seem to be there, either.

1. Wounds add up to tally for damage instead of substracting HP. Your HP are a benchmark?
    2. I assume FG is smart enough to add temp HP to total HP before starting death saving throws?
    3. Do HP diminish as wounds accrue, short and long term? (as in: after a battle you got seriously wounded. You had your wounds treated and are patched up, but as a result you've got a bit less HP. These won't restore until your rest properly (see Pillars Of Eternity))
    4. Do healing spells/potions heal wounds or HP?

Cheers,
    D.
    Last edited by kreutzkevic; August 3rd, 2017 at 12:23.
    - There's no such thing as a humble opinion -

1) Yes, wounds add up. Your HP are never altered.
    2) Not sure what you mean here. If a character has Temp hp then there wouldn't be any question of a death saving throw. For a death save to become necessary the character must have lost all its hp including any temp hp.
    3) No, HP are never automatically altered except to go up when you level up. Any such things as you describe would have to be done manually. Be aware if you edit the hp max then you'll need to remember what it was before the edit if you want to get back to that figure since FG doesn't remember it.
    4) They reduce the number of wounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    2) Not sure what you mean here. If a character has Temp hp then there wouldn't be any question of a death saving throw. For a death save to become necessary the character must have lost all its hp including any temp hp.
    Thanks

What I meant was that if you add temp HP in the character sheet, I assume FG is smart enough to add these to your normal HP, but judging by your answer, it is.

I'm loving this software
    - There's no such thing as a humble opinion -

Yes, FG knows all about TMP hit points and will use them up first if the character takes damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by kreutzkevic View Post
    3. Do HP diminish as wounds accrue, short and long term? (as in: after a battle you got seriously wounded. You had your wounds treated and are patched up, but as a result you've got a bit less HP. These won't restore until your rest properly (see Pillars Of Eternity))
    If you want this effect in your game, I would look into the optional Unearthed Acrana: Vitality rules. You can read up on it and a few other variant rules here: https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...riantRules.pdf; TASagent has already made an extension to implement it into your 5E game if you like what you see - which you may download here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lity-Extension.

Thread Information