DICE PACKS BUNDLE
  1. #1

    Duplication of content in windowlist

    I am working on implementing CoreRPG style support for Pregen characters as part of my Reference Library extension for the Star Wars EotE ruleset. I have this almost entirely working now except that I see two copies of each pregen within the Pregen List window.

    The most relevant controls for this are:
    Code:
    <windowlist name="list">
    	<bounds>50,43,470,370</bounds>
    	<datasource>.</datasource>
    	<class>pregencharselect_entry</class>
    	<columns>
    		<width>235</width>
    		<fillwidth />
    	</columns>
    	<datasource>.</datasource>
    	<readonly />
    </windowlist>
    
    <windowclass name="pregencharselect_entry">
            <frame>modifier</frame>
            <sizelimits>
                    <minimum height="92" />
    		<maximum width="235" />
    	</sizelimits>
    	<sheetdata>
    		<genericcontrol name="portraitbase">
    			<bounds>10,10,72,72</bounds>
    			<disabled />
    			<icon>charlist_base</icon>
    		</genericcontrol>
    		<genericcontrol name="portrait">
    			<bounds>10,10,72,72</bounds>
    			<disabled />
    		</genericcontrol>
    			<stringfield name="name">
    			<bounds>90,11,-10,20</bounds>
    			<font>sheettext</font>
    			<empty>&#171; Unnamed &#187;</empty>
    			<disabled />
    		</stringfield>
    		<stringcontrol name="details">
    			<anchored to="name" position="belowleft">
    				<right />
    			</anchored>
    			<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    			<font>chatfont</font>
    			<disabled />
    		</stringcontrol>
    		<stringcontrol name="source">
    			<anchored to="details" position="belowleft">
    				<right />
    			</anchored>
    			<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    			<font>chatfont</font>
    			<disabled />
    		</stringcontrol>
    	</sheetdata>
    </windowclass>
    I have created a character, exported the XML for the character and copied it into the <pregencharsheet> portion of my module. Then removed the character from the campaign. When the pregen window is displayed however, it has two instances of the character listed. If I copy the XML for the character, paste it in a second time then I end up with 4 instances. The two copies of each character are always on the same row so it could be I am overlooking something in how these columns work and instead of getting one entry per column I am getting one per row duplicated to fill the width.. but I am not sure.

    Any help would be great.

  2. #2
    I would think that you would only get two instances of the same record, if you have two identical data sources for the windowlist, or you have a script populating the list as well as a data source.

    There is already a set of window class definitions for pregen character selection in CoreRPG. I would just borrow those wholesale.
    (See "pregencharselect" window class in CoreRPG inside ref/ref_pregenchar.xml file.)

    Regards,
    JPG

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I would think that you would only get two instances of the same record, if you have two identical data sources for the windowlist, or you have a script populating the list as well as a data source.

    There is already a set of window class definitions for pregen character selection in CoreRPG. I would just borrow those wholesale.
    (See "pregencharselect" window class in CoreRPG inside ref/ref_pregenchar.xml file.)

    Regards,
    JPG
    Hi JPG,

    Thanks for the input.. and that is largely what I have done. I took equal parts CoreRPG pregen and EotE Character List. Pregen mostly to get the behavior and references as best I can and then EotE Character List for the layout so it fit well with the rest of the ruleset. I updated it a bit to show the node path for the source and the paths and they are identical, including pointing to the module such as: pregencharsheet.char1@MyModule

    I have been looking for any scripts that might be trying to populate the content as well but will take another closer look at those next.

  4. #4
    So... as was suggested the problem WAS two datasources.. within one of the frames I had entered it twice.. once at the beginning and once near the end and just kept overlooking it somehow. I've got it all working now. I'll be working on updating the extension thread in the next few days.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Starfinder Playlist

Log in

Log in