Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Hi! Any chance it could possibly support fractions for measurement? For example, most brazilian d20 systems use 1.5 meters for squares, but the extension would recognize the .5 part as the unit name.

Celestian, I'm running into a little problem with the calculation of the units with this extension. This has come up due to Traveller using a 1.5m grid. The ruleset properly computes distances but in some instances I may want to change it to 1 parsec, 10 m, or 1 km distance for larger scale stuff, hence using your extension. I am using 1.8 and I saw where as of 1.7 this supported metric and decimals.

The first grid space from the target properly computes at 1.5m but every step beyond that it is adding a whole number value of 1 rather than multiplying 1.5 -> 3 -> 4.5 -> 6, etc. Instead it is doing 1.5 -> 2.5 -> 3.5 -> 4.5, etc. I tested this with other frameworks to see if it just happened to be the Traveller ruleset default that was messing with it but it does this in all that I tried.

I can make do without this extension but if you could find a fix it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Celestian, I'm running into a little problem with the calculation of the units with this extension. This has come up due to Traveller using a 1.5m grid. The ruleset properly computes distances but in some instances I may want to change it to 1 parsec, 10 m, or 1 km distance for larger scale stuff, hence using your extension. I am using 1.8 and I saw where as of 1.7 this supported metric and decimals.

The first grid space from the target properly computes at 1.5m but every step beyond that it is adding a whole number value of 1 rather than multiplying 1.5 -> 3 -> 4.5 -> 6, etc. Instead it is doing 1.5 -> 2.5 -> 3.5 -> 4.5, etc. I tested this with other frameworks to see if it just happened to be the Traveller ruleset default that was messing with it but it does this in all that I tried.

I can make do without this extension but if you could find a fix it would be appreciated.
    I'm a bit backed up due to my day job travel recently but I'll try and take a look at this once I get caught up with current FG projects.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post

I think I have a working solution.

This the type of behavior you are looking for?

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update

1.9 - Fixed issue that caused unit sizes with decimals to be calculated incorrectly.
    ---

I think you forgot to reupload the attachment with the 1.9 update. there isnt any on the first post.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I think you forgot to reupload the attachment with the 1.9 update. there isnt any on the first post.
    Well kiss my grits, sure nuff. I had posted the edit but still had the manage attachements window opened.

Should be there now.
    ---

I noticed that when the extension is loaded and I open a locked image, there is grey (or other default for the ruleset color) ribbon that disappears only when I unlock/lock the image.

The state is not persistent and when I re-load a campaign - the ribbon is there again. Tested on CoreRPG, MoreCore and image is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Ha!

The GURPS ruleset has something like this already built in, but I was interested in the decimal point (.5 etc.) that I saw in the screenshots, so I loaded it up to give it a whirl.

Evidently, they do not play that well together, resulting in the attached image. Finally, an accuracy that even my most rules-lawyering players will be happy with!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Celestian, I finally got a chance to check the thread and got your update. It works perfectly now. I modified the height extension to use 1.5m increments and it's all good.

Thread Information