DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Generate Random Encounters

Hi to all!

I've created a bunch of NPCs, changing only the weapon that they are using, example:

Goblin_Axe
    Goblin_Crossbow
    Goblin_Spear
    Goblin_Bow
    Goblin_Chainsaw

And so on...

I'm wondering how to create a Random Encounter Table in order to choose between some of them...for example, I want 1d6 Goblins...and I want to choose 1d6 random between all the previous listed Goblins...is it possible?

In the article about Random Encounters I understand that this isn't possible...but maybe I'm missing something...

Many thanks in advance!

Create a table with each of the goblin types, 1 on each row linked to the NPC sheet. Then create another table or a story template which calls that table 1d6 times or however many you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Clever!

I will try it!

Thanks Zacchaeus!

Don't forget to set the output of the calling table (i.e. the one with the random dice roll) to 'Enc.'
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK, thanks for the tip.

Another question...i'm creating the tables with Par5e and is requested the dice type to be rolled on the table.

I need to stick to the default dice type (1d4,1d6,1d8, etc..) or is possible to use more "custom" dice?

I'm asking because i've different rows numbers for each table and someone are with 15 entries, others with 34, other with 185, and so on...

Can i put in the dice field of Par5e 1d34, 1d17, 1d185 or i have to manually adjust the entries in order to fit classical dices?

And if it's not possible to use "custom" dices, the higher dice value is the % dice right?

Many thanks for the replies!

Now that is a good question. I'm not sure if the public version of par5e can accept non standard dice. A table doesn't in fact need a dice entry at all in FG. So in your example if you have 15 rows it will roll a 1d15 or whatever is the roll needed to roll a random number between the minimum value and the maximum. So if you had 15 rows but the numbers went from 1 - 45 it would roll a 1d45.

All you can do is try it and see. I suspect if you have a line such as dice; without some sort of expression after it, it will throw an error. However I think dice;1d15 should work. dice;d% will roll a d100.

Tried just now.

Par5e accept any value in dice field of tables.

When I come back to home I will try if it works correctly.

Update:

Tables parsed with Par5e that have "custom" dice in the "dice" fileds are working correctly.

Thanks to all!

Thread Information