5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

I have tried to find an answer to this questions, without success (sorry if it's a duplicate). I have a lifetime/non-subscription licence that I use. I want to make a gift of a one month subscription for a family member who is interested in joining one of our gaming sessions to try it out. Can I do that one account? Or will that cause the same kind of problem that two monthly subscriptions does? I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I have tried to find an answer to this questions, without success (sorry if it's a duplicate). I have a lifetime/non-subscription licence that I use. I want to make a gift of a one month subscription for a family member who is interested in joining one of our gaming sessions to try it out. Can I do that one account? Or will that cause the same kind of problem that two monthly subscriptions does? I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!
    The subscription is tied to the email address of the PayPal account used for the payment. The best way is to have the person you want to gift the subscription to setup the subscription through their own PayPal account, and you sent them the cost of the month via PayPal.

Note - If the subscription is going to be cancelled at any point, do not cancel the subscription until the end of the period - PayPal does not allow for early cancellation lasting until the end of the current period - PayPal inform SmiteWorks (the owners of Fantasy Grounds) immediately that the subscription is no longer valid and so the FG license key is cancelled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I think you can technically check out with a subscription if the primary email on PayPal matches the email you use for your account and then gift it to another user. Paypal will continue charging you until it is cancelled, at which point the license will immediately be terminated. For simplicity, I recommend just sending money via PayPal to a friend for this situation.

I was planning to gift a new DM with some books, but I already own all of them and when I click on the order button, it takes me to my receipt page from when I purchased them.

Is there a way around this?

- Robert

I got the answer, make sure you are logged off the forum and store before you start buying. Then when you log in during checkout, you have the items in your shopping cart and can purchase and then gift them.

Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2 View Post
    I was planning to gift a new DM with some books, but I already own all of them and when I click on the order button, it takes me to my receipt page from when I purchased them.

Is there a way around this?

- Robert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2 View Post
    I got the answer, make sure you are logged off the forum and store before you start buying. Then when you log in during checkout, you have the items in your shopping cart and can purchase and then gift them.
    If you search for it by name, it will show up in the Top Sellers. That section doesn’t check for existing ownership, so you can add it to your cart from there. Alternatively, you can log out, add items to your cart and then log back in for checkout.

Thread Information