FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Blog Entries
    The mad jester is marked as needs editing and several spell abilities have a ? Innfnem and do not parse. As a high level thief, maybe needs more thief abilities like backstab or stealth?

All the NPC in that sub-region need a little scrubbing.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    The mad jester is marked as needs editing and several spell abilities have a ? Innfnem and do not parse. As a high level thief, maybe needs more thief abilities like backstab or stealth?

All the NPC in that sub-region need a little scrubbing.
    Any mechanical errors present, I will happily fix, but of course, any CONTENT comments should be directed to the author Scott Taylor who will most certainly never see this post (as he is not a member of the FG community direct)...
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Am I the only one that can't figure out what Roslof stands for

Or is it not an acronym, like PotA and CoS?

Quote Originally Posted by Axoid View Post
    Am I the only one that can't figure out what Roslof stands for

Or is it not an acronym, like PotA and CoS?
    It's not an acronym, it's a name.

It's this product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...E9781940528304
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Any mechanical errors present, I will happily fix, but of course, any CONTENT comments should be directed to the author Scott Taylor who will most certainly never see this post (as he is not a member of the FG community direct)...
    They need scrubbing because they have edit notes or small typos and errors. Some of the 5e conversions are terrible as well, but the FG version does reflect what is in the module, so it is a development issue. However, NPC that have notes like "needs editing" still in the encounters should not be in the finished product.

The dragon is level 6 seems to be wildly underpowered, but again, development issue.

My group should be finishing next week and then my comments/complaints will stop. :-p
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    They need scrubbing because they have edit notes or small typos and errors. Some of the 5e conversions are terrible as well, but the FG version does reflect what is in the module, so it is a development issue. However, NPC that have notes like "needs editing" still in the encounters should not be in the finished product.

The dragon is level 6 seems to be wildly underpowered, but again, development issue.

My group should be finishing next week and then my comments/complaints will stop. :-p
    Anything that says “needs editing” should not be there. That’s my fault because as I was developing this there were things that simply didn’t convert to 5E so I had to flag them. I thought I had those all cleared (when speaker by with the author), but keep the notes coming and I will implement the changes. In my defense, this was my very first conversion. Ha!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    After around a year, the party has now finished the adventure and completed the last room. My group had fun, and has now transitioned to Against the Giants from Yawning Portal.

This is an old style dungeon crawl with monsters next to others that do not make the greatest sense. The basic blue and white maps are the ones that work the best.

To be truly great, it needs another 5e development pass. The new, created monsters are cool in concept but do not have the complete stat block. The writing of the module also needs some editing and restructuring to present the sub-plots better as there are no good hooks in the dungeon and a lot of the role playing are in the town which is not quite detailed enough.

So it was good for what it is.

FG conversion had a fair numbers of errors and unfinished bits. Many images were linked to the wrong rooms and a few things were missing. It is much better now as I have been posting what I find as I find it and rob2e continues to fix it. Hopefully others that run it that find issues will post as well.

Thread Information