Starfinder Playlist

Creating a "Monster Module"

Hi Folks,
    I want to just confirm how to do this. I believe basically I load a new campaign and then (as I'm doing derivatives of the same monster - i.e different types of bugbears; ogres; hobgoblins; orcs etc) load the monster manual. I then take the MM entry (say for "Orc"), drag it into NPCs make my changes. Rinse and repeat a couple hundred times and now I have all these different variations of these monsters. Then, I export the NPCs list with a new name and I should have this new 'module' that I can access in the future for these creatures. Is this correct? If not, please set me straight (and if there are any 'gotcha's' I'd appreciate a heads up). Thanks as always!

Assuming this is for D&D 5E. You can do that, for personal use. You won't get the images so you may want to remove any image links from the Other tab, and you won't get the tokens from the module either.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yep, in simple terms that's exactly what you do

Just remember to keep the campaign around in case you want to add more monsters to your module in the future.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Assuming this is for D&D 5E. You can do that, for personal use. You won't get the images so you may want to remove any image links from the Other tab, and you won't get the tokens from the module either.
    But if the official MM is also open wouldn't the image link in the modified MM work?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGraystone View Post
    But if the official MM is also open wouldn't the image link in the modified MM work?
    Yes, it would. As would the tokens. You'd need to remember to have the relevant module open as well.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was actually going to ask about the token and image. Every time I've had a link to another image that was in a closed module, it prompts me to open that module when I launch it so I don't think you even need to remember to open it to be honest...

Thread Information