DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC's with Shields

Heyas,

I'm creating some NPCs which have Medium Shields, and am trying to figure out if there is a way of entering the shield into the NPC character sheet that will automatically add the required effect (+1 Parry, +2 Armor vs ranged) when I placed the NPC onto the combat tracker. I know I can add the effect from the effects list, but if I am adding a large number of shield users, that can get tedious.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Consider it a preliminary question... Are you grouping these mooks up at all?

Hi Aaron,

I might have understood you wrong on this but cant you just copy your NPC, equip it with a shield, adjust the values manually and then use your copied NPC to set up the encounters instead of the source NPC?
    Everytime you will drag the copied one it into the combat tracker, it uses every value you set up in advance.

Thanks for the replies.

Topdecker: That all depends on the encounter. Some will be grouped, and some will be individual.

Hermundure: I can adjust the Parry value without a problem, I can't figure out how to add the effect of "+2 Armor vs Ranged attacks" to the NPC sheet so that when I place it into the combat tracker it applies that armour value against ranged attacks only.

There's some nice automation going on with the Savage Worlds ruleset, and coming from the 5E ruleset I'm still learning about the differences between the two with respect to functionality within Fantasy Grounds. Eg. In 5E I can Ctrl-Click target within the Combat Tracker at any time, but in Savage Worlds the combatants have to be on a map to be able to Ctrl-Click target within the combat tracker (unless there's something I'm missing here).

I had another thought about this shield idea last night, and it seems that the nature of Savage Worlds is to apply the effect as the combatant readies their shield, since readying a shield would be an action and apply a cumulative -2 penalty on other actions performed in that round.

If there are any other thoughts on this, I'm happy to hear them.

Thanks.

Thread Information