FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Indeed as mattekure says the correct method is [ndn*x].

In your table above I'd also create a table for Jewellry and another for Gems. You can then roll on the middle column [8x][JEWELLRY] and on the third column [4x][GEMS], Set the output of the first table to parcel and everything will get rolled all at once into a nice parcel.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

D'oh. Works a treat, Thank you mattekure! Is that a ruleset thing? I have only seen the x sign used...
    Cheers
    Didn't see ur post Zacchaeus until I had redone and uploaded my Mod. there are some things I would like to implement, but I guess I'll see what you guys think first. I just want it to work.
    Last edited by Maldev; July 19th, 2019 at 08:54.

its not ruleset specific, the math functions are +-*/ while the x is used to indicate how many times to roll on a particular table.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks for that

Going to do a minor necro here, as I'm actually attempting the same thing - except instead of just recreating the gems/jewelry tables, I'm trying to recreate the whole random dungeon section in the back of the old AD&D DMG...

Actually, working better than I thought it would. Lots of heavily nested tables, and I'm sure someone with more skill could do it in a lot more elegant manner, but it's working, in a sort.

One thing that I'd found was answered above - how to include random numbers in tables, and calling a table a random number of times (e.g. [1d4x] [Gems] rolls 1d4 times on my gems table.(and the hint on * vs x was HUGELY helpful, too!)

But one of the factors in play in the random tables in the back of the book is the level of the dungeon the players are currently on. My original thought was to have a value somewhere, representing 'dungeon level', and being able to call this variable into the charts somehow. Then I manually increment the variable to match the level of the dungeon, and the tables accurately roll for the values reflecting that level. Can this be done?

For example, the treasure table lists treasures, but most of them are 'per level', like 100pp per level of the dungeon. I can make a table where an entry is 100pp, or even just put '100 pp per level' and manually adjust for the level when that roll comes up, but it'd be so much cleaner to be able to have a global variable for the dungeon level and build it into the tables.O

On the gems, I'd love a way to carry a value over to another table. For example, in the DMG it uses a base value for a gem determined by a table, which can then be modified by craftmanship/quality (found in another table). Right now I've got the tables set that the output gives you the base value and type of the gem, then gives you the amount that base value has changed (for example, it'll tell you you've found a 100gp jade, whose base value is increased by 50%, and you have to manually know that it's a 150gp gem) but if I could have the table pass the base value to the new table, I could do this much more seamlessly for the output. (plus it'd be possible to create a treasure parcel directly, which I currently can't do...)

So, any way to use persistent variables in your tables?

(My other issue is creating parcels and encounters directly from my tables, but that's probably enough questions to bombard the forum with for one night!)

Short answers to both questions I think is no. there isn't a global variable that you can apply to a table or table row and you can't carry a generated value from one table to another which you could use as a multiplication factor.

There's a couple of things; the first would be to have level one values in the first 10 rows of the table and the next in the next 10 rows etc and you could then roll a d10 with a 10, 20, 30 etc modifier. You can also drag and drop a dice group onto a table to make a roll. For example in a table with 20 rows if you want a result of 2-12 you would pick up 2d6 and drop on the table. Not sure if that helps with your situation.

Otherwise you'll need a table for every level where there is a multiplier for level.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

G'day all.
    I have been playing with rollable tables (I saw Zacchaeus's video on the subject)
    I use 4E D&D and when I create a table and have Output set to chat it works.
    If I use it the way it is intended, sending it to Encounters, I get this error Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_npc.lua"]:57: createChild: Invalid argument 1
    and an empty Encounter result. See screenshotImage 1.jpg
    Cheers
    PS. It works fine when I test in 5E

No extensions loaded and up to date version of FGC on Windows 10

Thanks for reporting this. We'll have a look at this issue and see if we can find a solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hi,

When setting a result on a given Table to a roll on another Table or even the same Table, can I specify a different die or modifier to use on that roll on the Table? Say I have a Table set for 1d100 results, but when I get a certain result on that or a different Table I want to roll 1d20 on that Table. I see I can roll [Yx] times where y is a number or die expression, but don;t see any syntax for what I am interested in.

Thanks!
    Last edited by EmptyOwl; May 29th, 2020 at 23:33.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you are trying to do. But you can roll a random number of times on a table using [ndnx] (so 1d6x) for example. I'm not sure that's what you want though so a little more information might be handy.

Thread Information