STAR TREK 2d20

Creating New Spells

Hi Folks,
    I'm sure this is an easy question but all I can find is creating new spells in relation to a character sheet. I have a spell book as treasure that has some new spells (really just derivatives of existing ones changing the type of damage i.e. fire to necrotic etc). For instance, Withering Grasp is the same as Shocking Grasp but instead of electrical it does necrotic. I'm trying to create this spell. How do I go about this? I've tried to drag and drop Shocking Grasp back into the PHB to get a second entry but that obviously doesn't work as it's 'uneditable'. What's the easiest way to do this? I'm sure it's something really simple but I'm not really finding much on it. Thanks as always!!

Assuming this is for 5e.

Click on Library and then up at the top you'll see a list with tick boxes next to them. Tick the box next to spells. Now click on the Big Spells button that just appeared, click on the brownish edit button on the bottom right, then on the green Plus. Now enter the data for your spell in the dialog that opens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ahhh - I knew it had to be easy. The process is a little different than adding a new monster. Thanks Zacchaeus!!

Would this be the same for Pathfinder (1st Edition)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
    Would this be the same for Pathfinder (1st Edition)?
    I just tested it and apparently so
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
    Thanks...
    FYI, you can also drag and drop the spell into the item description so that it appears as a clickable link when a player has it in their inventory. I do this with not only spell books but also staves and wands and scrolls.

Once a new spell has been added (in PF1) how and where does one up the short description so it shows up rather than the default empty box?

And how can one add it to the spell list for a class?

Thread Information