STAR TREK 2d20

Most complete ruleset for 1e??

Really wanting to run some 1e soon, was wondering what the most complete ruleset for 1e out there was.

AD&D 1e ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-amp-D-Ruleset It's based on the Castles & Crusades ruleset which you'll need - which is currently on sale for $7.49.

And one based on the 5E ruleset that covers AD&D 1E (with an additional extensions) and 2E here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...D-Core-Ruleset

I'd recommend you download both (the Castles & Crusades ruleset at $7.49 is a steal and worth getting as it will give you some library data modules that can be used in the AD&D ruleset that runs on top) and check each out as they are different and you may prefer one over the other.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by doseyclwn View Post
    Really wanting to run some 1e soon, was wondering what the most complete ruleset for 1e out there was.
    AD&D Core has a lot of features and support for mechanics tho I can't say if it's "the most complete" (loaded term) but if you have questions about it feel free to PM me or hit me up on discord. Still developing new features and mechanics support so if it's not there and it's not on the TODO list already I'll add it

I'd be happy to tune the 1e extension to better match rules differences if you find any.

And not to belittle the efforts of my colleague Celestian, but my ruleset is totally and exclusively dedicated to that old school feel of the grand old game of first edition D&D. Please come check it out. I poured my heart and soul into it. My hope is that it sucks you in as a blast from the past. It is actively being maintained and improving, although I am am currently on a personal hiatas due to some personal issues, but you can count, without a doubt, that I will be back as soon as I can with a bang and totally devoted to your old school needs.

Vodokar
    Last edited by vodokar; July 14th, 2017 at 08:29.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Here's another question: I don't suppose either of you run games that might need/want a player?

Quote Originally Posted by doseyclwn View Post
    Here's another question: I don't suppose either of you run games that might need/want a player?
    Right now I have 3 games I play or run. Unfortunately all are full at the moment.

I've been thinking about running a few one shots down the road but most of my free time is working on the ruleset at the moment.

The Roslof Keep module tho is tempting me tho as I could easily write up encounters for it and the rest is done.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Right now I have 3 games I play or run. Unfortunately all are full at the moment.

I've been thinking about running a few one shots down the road but most of my free time is working on the ruleset at the moment.

The Roslof Keep module tho is tempting me tho as I could easily write up encounters for it and the rest is done.
    Please keep me in mind if you do.

@ doseyclwn, I run a 2e game that may be looking for a player in the near future. Here's a link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2592
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

The AD&D Core system has my vote at this point. Being continually updated, documented, version controlled, and roadmapped gives me a lot of confidence.

Being closer to CoreRPG and not dependent on an additional layer that ISN'T 5E (LL, M&M, et al) is a huge plus, as well.

All things that make me less intimidated when "API's and documentation are boring, hold my beer and watch this improvement go live Day" comes along.

Thread Information