5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

New campaign starting- Warhammer Fantasy

Uses the new 2.0 edition. We have a working character sheet in-game, and will be continually integrating Warhammer into the FG program as time goes on. Rulebook is of course required. (26 bucks and free shipping at Amazon. A great deal!) We also have a dedicated Teamspeak server for voice, so you'll need the free TS download. It will be a 3 on 1 off campaign, meaning play once a week for 3 weeks, then take a week off. Saturday's at 1 PM (Central Time).We are able to be a bit flexible on the schedule to accomodate prospective players, just let us know if Saturday afternoons are a major issue.

If you aren't familiar with Warhammer, I recommend checking out blackindustries.com for more info. It's a fantastic setting and a really clean ruleset. We are big beleivers in supporting the industry, and thus the requirement for owning a hardcopy of the rules. However, if you're interested yet a bit hesitant about dropping 26 bucks right away, let me know. We'd be happy to have you sit in on a session with a pre-made character to see if you "click" with the group before spending money.

Lastly, a quick summary of the group-

I've been GM'ing for around 18 years or so. I've run every genre and system at one time or another and know my way around a gaming table. I emphasize roleplaying over rollplaying, and do my best to tailor the storylines to what direction the players want to explore. My main goal in any game I run is to make the players laugh, have a great time, and leave the session wanting more.

Kinana, my lovely wife, has been gaming for over 14 years. She's a solid player and is very cautious in how she approaches any given scenario. Years of getting mangled, stomped, and betrayed in my various campaigns have caused her to be a bit paranoid, but in a fun way.

Ghingis is my RL best bud, and a great player. He's our resident tech expert and is responsible for us having a gorgeous Warhammer character sheet to use with Fantasy Grounds. He usually loves playing the "kill em' all!" bashy types, and he's quite good at it.

Jelenedra is also a RL family friend, and the least experienced of the group. She's had some D&D exp, but is new to Warhammer. She's got a great wit and is a talented writer in her own right. Her sense of humor will bring lots of laughs to the table I'm sure.

That's it for the moment. We are all in the early thirties age range, very laid back, and a fun casual group to game with. Age 18+ (some mature themes, Warhammer is not a nice place at times!) and any experience level is welcome. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by Paxis; January 29th, 2006 at 22:39.

I'm certainly interested in this. If I've got the time difference correct you'll be starting at about 7pm GMT. I can't see the time as a problem but I'm not sure if I could manage three Saturday evenings a month, I need to get out and see my friends occasionally or they'll think I've passed away and start squabbling over my game collection!

I have the rulebook, purchased after reading an interesting exchange on the Critical Miss website, and have been looking forward to playing it for a while now. I've been playing RPG's since the early '80's but never got round to WHFRP. Anyway, if there's space in the game for an old Brit' then let me know.

Ian

I am a longtime GM for WFRP (Started in '86) - and I would love to join, but I just don't have the time right now. Maybe in a few months if you need another player.

Also - if you have any advice for me for getting a FG character sheet system going I would appreciate it; I am planning on running an online game myself using FG - planned to start in a couple of weeks.

I would be interested in joining I love WHFRP and have both DMed in the past and played as well. If you still need players please let me know.
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Im interested, but I dont know if i can manage every saturday.

Ive only just found this program, and am really interested in seeing it used (and using it) out of sheer curiosity.

As for a Rp, ive been playing in a friend 1st Ed WFRP game, and GMing in a 2nd Ed since its release, so a novice really... but I understand the warhammer world and how it works, and how the system works...

Is any of that going to cause a problem?

Ta,
    Dave

Would love to play

If you still have room. I had not played warhammer roleplay since the late 80's. I fell in love with the game then and just picked up the new rules version about a week ago. Would love to join the group.
    Standard rules for PC generation?
    Choose career or roll random?
    Kilroy

Is this game going to happen? I have not heard anything.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hicksms
    I had not played warhammer roleplay since the late 80's.
    Sorry for the offtopic, but WFRP is that old?! It was first published in Poland in 1995, that was my first meeting with RPG at all.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

What happened to this game starting up?

Thread Information