5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Help! I cannot figure out how to host a game

I am new to Fantasy Grounds - looking to DM for my friends.
    When I test my connection, I get the FAILURE message
    I am not a Norton or router wizard, what I am supposed to do to allow communication via port 1802?
    I really want to get this working or I will just cancel my subscription

Hi Komodo welcome to the forums. You need to set port 1802 on your router to allow FG to communicate with your players. How you do that depends on what router you have. There's some advice in this link.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...q_networking_1

Additionally you can visit portforward.com and find your router there and it will guide you through the process.

As for your antivirus you will likely have to make sure that it allows FG access into and out of your computer. Again how do that will depend on the software and a look at your user manual should help you find the information you need.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You can also drop in the FG Discord channel and see if anyone there is able to help you out. Totally depends on who is there and how much time they have, but there are always friendly people there (just like here!). See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Discord-Server

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I cannot seem to login to my router - no idea what the password is for the router - it appears to be different than the password to access Wifi through it - I have no clue - any other suggestions?

What router do you have?

Blog Entries
    Google your router model and "default password" and you should find out what it is. Worse case you should be able to push (and hold for 5 seconds) the reset button on the back/bottom and it will then be reset to the default (if someone has changed it).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Getting there probably at last step

Thanks to help from this forum, I now am logged onto my Liksys router under Security/Apps and Gaming/Single Port Forwarding
    Please help me fill this out correctly
    Application Name - I assume I just type Fantasy Grounds
    External Port - type in 1802?
    Internal Port - type in 1802 or leave it blank or something else?
    Protocol = select TCP or UDP or Both?
    Device IP # 192.168___ ____ = i have no idea what to do with this
    Enabled - this one I get check it

And once I know how to fill this out I will have it saved and enabled and hopefully that would do the trick?

Thanking folks in advance

1802 for both internal and external port.
    TCP or Both (you only need TCP, but "Both" will forward TCP as well, :-) ).
    Device IP is the IP of the computer you're running FG on. When you run FG, and click on "Load Campaign" there is an "Internal IP" field - that IP address is what goes in there.

Thread Information