5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Interest Check. LFP+4 MERP (With some RMC) Dates and Times to be confirmed..

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone."
    Gandalf
    J.R.R. Tolkien, An Unexpected Party, The Hobbit

FG License: GM has Full.
    Game System: MERP with elements of RMC.

Time Zone: GM is GMT but game time to suit.
    If new game, planned start date: TBA
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 5 Hour Sessions, weekly.
    Term: Long term campaign.

Voice: Voice.
    Voice software used: Discord or TeamSpeak.
    Roleplay & Combat mix:70/30. Lots of Roleplay
    Number of Players 3+
    Character restrictions: Races and classes appropriate to setting. Magic use will subtle to fit the setting. Initial session will involve detailed character creation.
    Details of your scenario: Set in a period after the Hobbit but before The Lord of the Rings. Third Age.
    What do you expect from players as a GM: Primarily patience. It is bad enough getting to grips with MERP/RMC again without learning the RMC FG ruleset. There will be a few bumps initially.

New players are welcome. Rolemaster is not for everyone! Lots of tables where a tiny Goblin can obtain a lucky shot and take out a character in one shot! Whilst magic is in the campaign, its use will be somewhat restricted. i.e just forget 5e and PF damage spells.

Martin
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

I might really enjoy this. I keep missing out due to time zone and work day conflicts every time someone runs Cubicle7 "The One Ring", and while I've never played MERP or RMC I've heard of them and they (well, MERP) sound similar at least in setting and flavor.

My schedule is pretty full and not always very flexible anymore, and our time zones may make it difficult for me to match up with everyone else. So keep me as a tentative at best, at least until there is a better idea of a schedule.

I also have to admit to being a little squeamish about a blind commitment to an open-ended long term online campaign with a bunch of people I do not know and no idea of whether I will like the game or be miserable. The rules usually are not so important but style and party interaction, or sometimes just concurrent real life burnout, makes or breaks it usually for me in a long campaign and that is really impossible to know without trying it out. So I may not be the kind of player you are looking for either please let me know. But would you consider running a shorter subset of the campaign as an intro or allowing for "chapter breaks" or some chance for players to honorably bow out (or new ones to join in maybe) if they find it does not suit them? Because if by some miracle the schedule works out the premise of the campaign you are describing here is very very interesting and exciting to me.

Thanks.
    Rgds.

Hi. Thanks for your interest. I don't imagine this will generate a huge amount if interest, if any. Let's see what happens over the weeks ahead. I will keep bumping it in case.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Martin, depending on the day - I'd be interested. I know RMC pretty well; it was always my favourite back in the day.

Loved MERP w/ and w/o RM. Of course any commitment would be dependent upon days/times that you are planning to host.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Ooooh, you hit a sensitive chord here! I ran a couple of Middle Earth based campaigns on the FG RMC ruleset a few years ago. I had chosen the time period just after the fall of Arthedain/Fornost to the Witch King in 1976 T.A., a few years before the release of the Balrog in Khazad-Dûm. It was much fun, but real life got in the way and the campaign had to be stopped...

I'd be quite interested to join as a player, although I'm in North American Eastern time and don't have day time availability. I'm guessing that will make it impossible for me... if you have any question about FG RMC, I might remember enough to be able to help.

Great topic to discuss. Thanks for sharing. When I read The Lord of Rings for the first time, I was impressed by how great the book was. The title refers to the story's main character, the Dark Lord Sauron, who at an earlier age, created the One Ring to rule the other Rings of Power given to Men, Dwarves, and Elves in his campaign to conquer all of Middle-earth. It's fascinating how people write articles about the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Personally, I think it was a great book, better than any other. That's why I recommend you to read it if you want to discover the beauty of another world.

Thread Information