Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Error message when trying to connect to host

Hello folks,

I am trying to connect to a game and I get an error message that cuts off. What I can see says:

Could not connect to host. Check your network settings and verify

What do I need to verify? My network settings seem to be in order. Not sure what to do.

NicholasDM
    Your DM probably hasn't got his/her port forwarding etc... on 1802 configured properly.

This would be an issue on the DM's side, not yours I suspect.

Blog Entries
    Hey DanMathMan, welcome to the forum.

As NicholasDM says, most connection issues are on the GM side. Have your GM run the Connection Test before they launch their campaign. That will indicate if their network is configured correctly.

The other thing to make sure is that you are trying to connect using the correct address. This might be an alias of 4 words like "cruel camp idle thug" or might be an IP address like 55.125.15.62. You will need to make sure you use the correct address depending upon if you are on the same network or a different network than the GM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And only try to connect to the GM when they are running their GM session. Access is only available when the GM has the FG campaign up and running.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information