FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Map tools

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone

Map tools

Ok question about maps. How do i turn on targeting tools on maps for my players? I am inserting map images into the system, they are not giving the option to target clear target etc, am i doing something wrong? LOL.. i have the maps gridded and everything.

Thanks.

The targeting toolbar will only appear once there are tokens on the map.

The GM will only see the targeting toolbar once they have unlocked a map with tokens on it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think the tokens need to be dropped from the Combat Tracker also.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I think the tokens need to be dropped from the Combat Tracker also.
    Nope. Not in my testing. Just dropped a token straight from the token bag (it's not even linked to a character) and the targeting controls appeared.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    Hmm strange.. not working on my end.. I will have to try and toy around with it. I usually place my tokens on the map via encounters not directly from the combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nope. Not in my testing. Just dropped a token straight from the token bag (it's not even linked to a character) and the targeting controls appeared.
    I can drop PCs from the Character listings and it works but npcs dragged from the NPC list are just pins. Tokens dropped from the bag will show up but not sure targeting with those is much use but I suppose that could be what he was shooting for?

Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    Hmm strange.. not working on my end.. I will have to try and toy around with it. I usually place my tokens on the map via encounters not directly from the combat tracker.
    How do you place them on the map from encounters w/o placing them in the CT first? If you are dragging/dropping the "placement" versions those are just placeholders for when you use the "Add encounter to combat tracker" which will then place them were you put the markers.

Also, I think the map needs to be unlocked also (click the padlock looking thing on the top right of the map).

Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    1) Are you running any extensions?
    2) Please provide a screenshot showing your issue.

Thread Information