FG Spreadshirt Swag

Heroes, Gods, and Monsters RMC campaign starting

Hi - I am starting a new RMC campaign. The link to the event is below. Please read the announcement in full including the notes. If interested, send me a PM with a little about yourself, your game experience, what you're looking for, etc.

I am going to he honest and say that I am quite new to FG, a little rusty of the RMC rules and do not have the whole campaign set up yet (maps, backstory, etc). So the first few sessions will be painful (people with experience of the RMC ruleset in FG are very welcome!). Be prepared for a little frustration. Also, we will have to arrange times individually for each person to do character creation. I may not be able to get to everyone before the first session.

I will probably accept most people who contact me, but it isn't guaranteed. It has to be a good fit. I am thinking of about 4-6 players, maximum of 8.

https://extraordinarygamers.net/Even...l/EventDetails

Here is the text if you can't read the micro-font used:

Heroes, Gods, and Monsters
    Owned by Grimaldi On Saturday, June 24, 2017

START DATE: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    END DATE: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    RECURRENCE: Recurring Event Every 1 week(s) on Tuesday until 6/26/2018 (total 53 events)
    IMPORTANCE: Normal Priority
    CATEGORY: Campaign Session
    RULESET: Rolemaster Classic

Welcome to a yet-to-be-named world of Heros, Gods, Monsters, and Magic! This is a "High Fantasy" environment, which means that while there are still plenty of castles and dungeons, magic and more-advanced civilzations are somewhat more common than in the medieval, iron-age-only tyupical D&D setting. You won't (usually) encounter gods walking the land, but you might see a pegasus flying by or encounter a legendary hero in a big city. Magic users and magic items are a little more common, at least minor ones.

This is intended to be a campaign in the sense that you will keep using the same character in the same world. There will be a "meta-plot" or overaching story arc connecting adventures. Adventures will be like chapters in a book, and sessions like scenes in a chapter. It is intended for players to start off as puny, weak newbies and climb their way to legendary status, making friends, allies, and old enemies along the way depending on how you play.

The setting will be a world of my creation, but it will incorporate a lot of material, locations, and cultures from Iron Crown's "Shaodw World" environment.

Notes:

• I am fairly new to FG and this will be my first campaign as GM. Plus, it takes a lot of time to create a world. So the first few sessions are likely to be rough as we all learn. Sorry about that.
    • The GM is always right. Rules lawyers will feel the wrath of the gods. I am firm and whimsical, but fair.
    • I promise you will never die (permanently) due to something you could not possibly have foreseen or a few unlucky rolls. You can only die permanently due to incredible stupidity or extrememly poor judgement on your own part. :-) Make a bad roll, stumble and fall in front of a dragon, and you will live (somehow). Taunt the dragon and you get no mercy from the GM.
    • This is not a "hack and slash" dungeon crawl. Sure, there will be combat of course, BUT the way I award experience, you can earn just as much (or more) for acting intelligently and coming up with clever solutions to problems, and doing a good job of acting your character, as you do for killing things. If you trick the vampire into coming out into the sunlight and dying, you get just as much Xp as if you killed him with weapons.
    • Similarly, while we play for fun and a certain amount of kidding around is fine, I like to move things along at a reasonable pace in semi-real time, so you can expect that if you spend lots of time waffling about what to do, I will impose some kind of time pressure - after all, the rest of the monsters/guards will be returning soon! Let's make the most of our precious game time and have more adventure, eh? I will penalize endless debate in one way or the other if it happens. Talk about options, yes, but in the end Just Do It. Please have your extended strategy sessions in the forums, or at least when you are safe in an inn or around the campfire.
    • THE ACTUAL GAME STATS AT THE TIME INDICATED. Game time is precious for all of us, so if you want to fart around and socialize, I encourage it, but please do it before or after the session. Show up early or stay later. And please show up on time if at all possible, or let someone know if you will be late. Otherwise, I will assume you can make each session. If you can't, that's fine, I understand, but please let me know ahead of time if possible.
    • The first few adventures will be "canned" ones made for FG (so please don't buy and read them!). After that, and once I've created more of the world, we will move on to adventures of my own creation.
    • I have the ProFantasy tools Fractal Terrains, Campain Cartopher, CIty Designer, and Dungeon Designer for making stuff, so you can expect cool maps and battlegrounds! As soon as I get better at using it.
    • I'm sorry, I only have a Full license for FG, I can't afford an Ultimte license right now. That means you have to have at least a Player license ($23) to join the game.
    • If you want to read the sourcebooks or look at your character sheet, let me know and I will put the server up for a while.

Looking forward to having a blast!

*pokes*
    As sent to your PM count me as interested

I have a monthly FG subscription to use for myself, and I love the Shadow World settings.

Contact me at [email protected]

Warm regards

Thread Information