STAR TREK 2d20

Polaris, anyone heard of it?

So I've heard some buzz from my players regarding 'Polaris'. It's an odd d20 system where your objective is to roll as close to the target number but not over, not dissimilar from blackjack.

The setting is odd and oozes Nautical elements given that it's a futuristic setting where mankind has retreated under the waves as the surface is rendered un-survivable. I'd say it's shadow run anarchy underwater due to its narrative play elements and the lack of a grid/cube which makes sense.

Anyone run this before?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ok/polaris-rpg

Hello Ken !

Yes I've heard of Polaris

Philippe Tessier, its author, is a very good friend of mine since a long date... If you want any informations do not hesitate to tell me, I'd be pleased to answer !
    JDRVIRTUEL: Le JdR virtuel en français - https://www.jdrvirtuel.com

I heard Polaris was an RPG developed in France, cool that you know the author! Currently I'm poking around the quick start pdf and find it quite interesting given I'm running a sci-fi campaign. I had been thinking about running my in person group within the same setting as we're winding down a PF game set in Taldor. I may run a one-shot in Polaris just to gauge interest. I'm a bit unsure of a purely narrative campaign though, they're good for short or 3 shot sessions, but I'd be pressed to form a campaign around it.

I backed the Kickstarter but I'm so far behind in reading through stuff that I haven't done more than skim through it yet. The art is gorgeous, but that doesn't help with the original question.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Thread Information