STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Lord Entrail's Maps

As I get back into learning and using Campaign Cartographer, I will be sharing those maps that I make. Note that critiques and advice are welcome.

License: You are free to use these for any non-commercial purposes.

Technical: These are all created using Campaign Cartographer 3+ (from ProFantasy) with nothing altered outside of CC. Unless otherwise stated, they are intended to be used at 10 pixels per foot (50 pixel grid). At the moment I have and use; CC3+, DD3, CD3, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4.

EDIT: Updated with improved map.
    EDIT: more maps starting on Post #12
    Last edited by LordEntrails; July 17th, 2020 at 19:38.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice!

Any chance of posting the raw .cc file(s)?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    For you Dulux? Of course. Updated first post. You will need SS4 and probably DD3 to get all the symbols.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and it's actually the map that the SS4 tutorial walks you through creating.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Oh, and it's actually the map that the SS4 tutorial walks you through creating.
    Yeah, but I'm lazy

Thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

One recommendation - take the extra time to learn the process of using a wall mask for the underground rooms. Pages 6-7 of the SS4 guide. This is a little weird at first, but it makes the walls of the underground rooms look so much better.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

One recommendation - take the extra time to learn the process of using a wall mask for the underground rooms. Pages 6-7 of the SS4 guide. This is a little weird at first, but it makes the walls of the underground rooms look so much better.
    Thanks. I think that's related to the question I have open on the PF forums about the entrance. In the tutorial on pg 4 it just kind of jumps past how to make the entrance look good. I'll probably finish the tutorial tomorrow and will probably then update post 1 with the improvements.

Blog Entries
    Updated with the wall mask. Well worth the time to learn! Lights are also configured in the CC file, but the Dungeons of Schley Lighting effects will need to be loaded (from SS4) unless you want to create your own light effects.
    Note that there are also a pair of traps that are not shown on the jpg which are on the TRAPS layers and can be shown if desired.

I'm not thrilled with the transition/shadow/glow between the dirt and stone textures as part of the hill vut-away or how the path transitions into the cave, but I will probably not change those on this map.

I can do all of the above just using OpenOffice Draw and exporting it as a jpg for FG to use. Here's an example I used for MythWeavers (for FG, I remove the letters and numbers):

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    I can do all of the above just using OpenOffice Draw and exporting it as a jpg for FG to use.
    Glad you can make maps the way you like them. IMHO this is nowhere near as nice as CC3 maps - no control of effects, shadows, masks, etc.. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to devolve into which application or approach is better than which (there are other threads that cover this - please post there if you wish to debate merits of mapping apps and approaches). This thread is about LordEntrails sharing his maps. If you'd like to share any maps you make, which would be very welcome and we'd love to see your work, then please create a thread specificly to do that. Thanks.

Nice work LordEntrails!
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 22nd, 2017 at 16:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information