STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Just the critters in the srd. Everything else is the proprity of WoTC.

rv

k...how easy is it to add information to FG? ie...monsters, spells, weapons, feats, etc.
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.

Its not hard. All the data is in xml files. What I do is open up the right one, copy and paste one of the existing entries (to keep the format right) and the change it to what I need.

There are free xml editors out there that you can download. I've been using Altova XMLSpy and it works ok.

rv

ok thanks...for a bit of a noob question...how hard is xml to do? I have seen posts on here that require a xml to import stuff.
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.

I couldn't create xml from scratch, but going in and modifying what is already there is easy.

Xml seems to be database's for the web. All the info is kept in records or 'nodes'. Then you can create a program to access that data and dispaly it however you want. You are just adding to the data that is already there and the program works with it just like all the other data.

Once you look inside the xml data files you'll see what I mean.

rv

ok thanks for the info...sounds like it should be pretty easy just modifying the files. Now I just need to get FG

Out of curiousity: how does the GM whisper players who whisper back to him? and can players whisper each other (possibly with GM auto inclusion a part of it?)

EDIT: nevermind on the GM whispering back, I figured that out. What aboutn players whispering each other? Sometimes, two or more players might want to plot against others (I used to GM a lot of Amber, hehe), and it would be nice if the players could whisper each other, though the GM should be auto included in those.

Currently, all talk goes though the dm.

I suppose you could use a 3rd party chat program to take care of this aspect if you wanted.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel
    Out of curiousity: how does the GM whisper players who whisper back to him? and can players whisper each other (possibly with GM auto inclusion a part of it?)

EDIT: nevermind on the GM whispering back, I figured that out. What aboutn players whispering each other? Sometimes, two or more players might want to plot against others (I used to GM a lot of Amber, hehe), and it would be nice if the players could whisper each other, though the GM should be auto included in those.
    I think you could create an Item sheet, drag only those 2 characters to it, give them edit access and they could type notes on it and only those 2 and the GM could see it. I haven't tested it out but it should work in theory.

Thread Information