Joshua Stream Pre
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    I noticed that when you make a +1 or better weapon it applies masterwork to the properties causing the resultant weapon to have a +2 to hit and +1 on damage. Which is incorrect. I think it shouldn't apply the masterwork to the properties when you select +1 to +5.
    Also when adding +1 to +5 it should include magic as a damage type.
    Last edited by rmilmine; April 23rd, 2020 at 13:46.

  2. #22
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I noticed that when you make a +1 or better weapon it applies masterwork to the properties causing the resultant weapon to have a +2 to hit and +1 on damage. Which is incorrect. I think it shouldn't apply the masterwork to the properties when you select +1 to +5.
    I just tested and the boni are correct then, +1 atk and +1 dmg; the masterwork in the properties will not stack with the bonus in the bonus field, and technically speaking such weapons are masterwork (but there should be not this stacking issue)

    But I was able to reproduce that problem: When you use this item generator then these items are unidentified at the beginning. When you give someone an unidentified +1 longsword, then that character will get the +1 atk bonus by the masterwork property. After identifying that sword there will be suddenly an additional +1 atk bonus by the magical bonus, hence suddenly these stack. So, the workaround is to identify the sword before you apply it to someone (or to remove the masterwork property though magical weapons normally have this property, too)

    By the way, I have this bug even without that extension, thence, it is a problem with FG itself If you want you can open a separate bug thread for that Normally FG checks that masterwork and enhancement bonus are not stacking but seemingly not when the item is unidentified when applied
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 24th, 2020 at 16:39.

  3. #23
    Thanks Kelrugem. Good to know there is an easy fix.
    Is there any way to add Ammo item to the list of item types that can be used with this?
    I figure it would be informational only as it doesn't look like ammo has any fields for the action tab.
    It would be nice if there was a way to link ammo to an action tab item. Like say a drop down listing bows for arrows and then create an action tab item for the selected bow and ammo.

  4. #24
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Thanks Kelrugem. Good to know there is an easy fix.
    Is there any way to add Ammo item to the list of item types that can be used with this?
    I figure it would be informational only as it doesn't look like ammo has any fields for the action tab.
    It would be nice if there was a way to link ammo to an action tab item. Like say a drop down listing bows for arrows and then create an action tab item for the selected bow and ammo.
    For magical stuff you can indeed create actions for the effects and so on Ammo you can track either using the ammo box in ranged weapons, or with the "spells prepared" (when not too many arrows), or just in the name

  5. #25
    Just on a weapon generation thing, having a drop down that selects its size would also be nice.
    Having to manual create weapons of differing sizes means looking up the table each time cause I never remember the table.

  6. #26
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Just on a weapon generation thing, having a drop down that selects its size would also be nice.
    Having to manual create weapons of differing sizes means looking up the table each time cause I never remember the table.
    Would be indeed nice

  7. #27
    So I did some playing around and I added size to this.
    What I can't figure out is why it's adding a "-" to properties.
    getItemData is returning a "-" for properties.
    The base item has a blank for properties, but after being copied with DB.copyNode it has a "-" in it. This "-" then gets propagated to the new item.
    Anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening?

  8. #28
    Okay, I take it back. It seems that the items in Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment have a "-" in properties when it should be blank.

  9. #29
    I added some stuff to this extension and thought I would pass along what I did.
    I added a field to items for size. If the size of a weapon changes it will change the damage of that weapon based on the size difference. If the size field is blank it assumes medium for size.
    I also added sub selection and sub sub selection for weapon abilities. This was needed to allow for selection of bane type and sub type.
    I added the abilities being added to properties as well and updated the damage type to include magic for weapons with an enhancement bonus.

    The reason I added the abilities to properties is I want to create an extension that on adding an item to the inventory creates a proper action item that includes things like flaming, and other things like it. So putting them in the properties allows for searching for them when I get around to figuring out how to access the code that does the creation of action items from inventory items.
    I'm now wondering if I should put magical into properties instead of magic in damage type. semantics I think.

    Here is what I changed. Please let me know if there are any issues. I tried testing it as much as possible but anything could be missed so more eyes would be good.
    CustomisedItemGenerator modified.ext

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I just tested and the boni are correct then, +1 atk and +1 dmg; the masterwork in the properties will not stack with the bonus in the bonus field, and technically speaking such weapons are masterwork (but there should be not this stacking issue)

    But I was able to reproduce that problem: When you use this item generator then these items are unidentified at the beginning. When you give someone an unidentified +1 longsword, then that character will get the +1 atk bonus by the masterwork property. After identifying that sword there will be suddenly an additional +1 atk bonus by the magical bonus, hence suddenly these stack. So, the workaround is to identify the sword before you apply it to someone (or to remove the masterwork property though magical weapons normally have this property, too)

    By the way, I have this bug even without that extension, thence, it is a problem with FG itself If you want you can open a separate bug thread for that Normally FG checks that masterwork and enhancement bonus are not stacking but seemingly not when the item is unidentified when applied
    Where would I go to report bugs in fg? I can't seem to find a link anywhere.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in