DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

CustomisedItemGenerator Extension

Hello everyone.

About a month ago, I've joined Fantasy Grounds and have been busy prepping the "Skull & Shackles" campaign. I've noticed that a lot of my prepping time went into creating customised weapon and armor by copying "base" items from library modules and manually update their stats. I was wondering if there wasn't a way to make this simpler and quicker... and this extension is what I came up with.

Rather than give a long explanation of what it can do and how it works, I think a couple of images should suffice:

Attachment 19365

Attachment 19366

Rulesets supported - While I've created this extension to prep my Pathfinder campaigns, it should work with 3.5 games. From what I remember, the item creation rules are similar (although I'm not 100% certain since it's been over 10 years since my last 3.5 game).

Incompatibilities - None that I know of. During development I've noticed some incompatibilities with the "Enhanced Items" extension, but I think I managed to fix them.

I hope this will be useful to the community. Please do not hesitate to post your feedback.

CustomisedItemGenerator.ext
    Last edited by Faelwen; October 20th, 2017 at 00:43. Reason: Update

That's pretty neat! If you have a GitHub and want to do more with it we can Collab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    That's pretty neat! If you have a GitHub and want to do more with it we can Collab.
    I'm afraid I only have some very vague notions on what Github is, and no idea how it works. Of course, I'm perfectly willing to learn and would certainly enjoy a collaboration.

Note, however, that professionally, I mainly work with mainframe systems, which tend to have some rather... prehistorical standards as far as source versioning and collaborative development go. I’m afraid most of my work methods, while perfectly acceptable in my particular niche, would be considered as outlandish and obsolete elsewhere.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing this. I've added to the extension list: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-of-Extensions
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Really good! Thanks and congrats!

No problem fae, but if you ever do I'd be willing to add updates if needed.

Update:
    - Corrected a few bugs such as special abilities not appearing on pure bludgeonning weapons
    - Added the special abilities from the Mythic Adventures rulebook

This is awesome. Is there anyway it could be made to work with potions and other items as well?
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    This is awesome. Is there anyway it could be made to work with potions and other items as well?
    As far as I know, potions and items don't have customisable special abilities the way weapon and armour do. Could you give a few examples of what you have in mind?

Well you can make them at different spell levels and different classes.

Check out how PCGen lets you make custom scrolls and potions / oils.

Thread Information