Starfinder Playlist

"Node" frame sizes in rulesets

In the reference xml file, every type of node has a "default size" for its frame. For example, the monster combat node has a <defaultsize width="270" height="400" />.

Now I go to the Monster.xml in the database. Is it possible to change the size of some of the monster frames?

I´ve tried writing this in the monster database file:
    <root>
    <node name="monster">
    <node name="1Mutations">
    <stringvalue name="name" value="Mutations" />
    <size width="400" height="400" />
    (and it goes on)
    </node>
    (more monster nodes of which I don't want to change the frame size)

but it hasn't worked.

How can I change a node frame size, if it is possible?

Thank you in advance to any who takes the time to answer back.
    Wanna play? Yes DM? Already DMing Days: Most Timezone: GMT+1 Games: WFRP, Paranoia,MERP,CoC,StarWars,Alternity,d20

Could any of the developers please help me with this?

If I haven't explained clearly what I intend to do in the ruleset, please let me know so that I can try to better explain it.

Thank you.
    Wanna play? Yes DM? Already DMing Days: Most Timezone: GMT+1 Games: WFRP, Paranoia,MERP,CoC,StarWars,Alternity,d20

The <defaultsize> tags are inside <windowclass> definitions. Their purpose is to determine the size of the sheet that is created based on the window class definition.

The monster.xml data is included in the ruleset using a <staticdata> tag, which means it's treated as a database, and all the nodes in it can be compared to, for example, the campaign database that contains character sheets.

Now, the sheet created using window class definitions contains data from the database, but the size of the sheet is based on the former, and the latter can't have a size definition (actually, it just doesn't have any effect).

I'm not exactly sure about the actual functionality you'd like to use it for, so I can't suggest workarounds.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

First of all, thank you for trying to answer my question. I will try to clarify what I need to do:

I'm creating a ruleset for Warhammer Roleplay. In this system, there are some "classes" and "feats" that are only available for some monsters. It is information that is needed only for the GM during a game.

I want to create some nodes for monsters, so that when I click their link in the Monster database the corresponding window (with Description and Combat tags, as in the d20 ruleset) appears; and some nodes for these extra information (I would use only the Description tab of these windows).

The windows for the extra information should be much wider than for the monsters (because I need to add tables and more), but all the definitions have to be in the monster.xml database file, or at least only available to the DM during a game.

So, I see two options to solve this:

1. Defining the size of monster windows individually (I thought this could be possible because of the "defaultsize" tag I mentioned in my previous post).

2. Being able to create a different file with information "for GM eyes only" and being able to define the size of the windows where this information will appear.

Is any of these options possible?

And, by the way, the monster class window is defined in the reference.xml file as being <dynamic/>:

<windowclass name="monster">
    <datasource name="monster" />
    <dynamic />
    <defaultsize width="270" height="400" />
    <minimumsize width="270" height="400" />
    <minimize icon="minimized_npc" />
    <sheetdata>
    <subwindow name="1description">
    <class name="monster_description" />
    </subwindow>
    <subwindow name="2combat">
    <class name="monster_combat" />
    <activate />
    </subwindow>
    <subwindow name="3other">
    <class name="monster_other" />
    </subwindow>

<windowchangecontrol>
    <bounds rect="-20,10,15,80" />
    <target name="1description" />
    </windowchangecontrol>
    <windowchangecontrol>
    <bounds rect="-20,94,15,80" />
    <target name="2combat" />
    </windowchangecontrol>
    <windowchangecontrol>
    <bounds rect="-20,178,15,80" />
    <target name="3other" />
    </windowchangecontrol>
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>

Dynamic means it can be resized. If you'll note the codesample you pasted earlier, there are a couple of size tags right under the dynamic tag. If I recall, those are the ones that control the <defaultsize> of the window and the <minimumsize> that it can be resized to.

Thread Information