DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Init/Combat Tracker

I know this has come up before and it was mentioned it would get an overhaul. Is this going to be in 1.06? Or something we should be able to do ourselves with the scripting?

Any hints on what it will look like if it will be in 1.06?

This is the one major thing we are missing that we think we need.

Thanks!

rv

Yes, it will be in 1.06.

This is a very preliminary concept sketch, but it'll give you an idea about what we're aiming for. Some things are missing, others might move around or change, and it probably won't end up with exactly these layouts and graphics.

Each row has a token that can be dragged onto a map. There's also a link back to the NPC/monster sheet.

The first row is an orc that's being targeted on a map by three out of the five players. The colored circles indicate the color of the corresponding players. The orc was dropped into the combat tracker from the monster book so it has access to the defensive information that's displayed due to the fact that it's being targeted.

The third row is an orc that is performing its turn, i.e. it is active. For this reason, it has its offensive and movement statistics in view. The highlight will probably be different from a targeted one eventually.

One of the things missing are the effects (you have two in the pre-1.06 version). The intent is to just have one empty effect visible at first, and to be able to dynamically enter more if you need them. They will probably go into the empty space on the first row, and expand down if you need more than three. There will also be a turn counter and an "increment turn" option that will automatically turn all the counters a step up or down if they are duration type effects.

Questions and suggestions are welcome.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

This looks excellent ... just what we needed, off the top of a rapidly balding head I cannot think of much more I'd want ...

Stuart

Wow, that does look nice.

One thing... will there be something for the players to look at so they know the Init order but not have access to all the DM information?

Are the attack / damage mods drag and droppable into the mod box?

rv
    Last edited by richvalle; January 23rd, 2006 at 01:47.

[QUOTE=richvalle]Wow, that does look nice.

One thing... will there be something for the players to look at so they know the Init order but not have access to all the DM information?

/QUOTE]

Do they need to ?

In my games the players just wait until I tell them it's their turn...

We think so.

When we play around a table we use a whiteboard to write down the init order so everyone can see. It helps to keep you focused and you know when your turn is coming up.

Its not something that is kept secret from the players unlike the bad guys hp's, ac, etc.

Right now I use a work-around of putting extra tokens along the side of the map in the init order.

rv

I notice that the orcs all have the tiny little O token from the tiny letter token pack. How will this work with those of us who use 50x50 oversized tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    I notice that the orcs all have the tiny little O token from the tiny letter token pack. How will this work with those of us who use 50x50 oversized tokens?
    Yes, the token will be drawn scaled so it fits the space alloted to it.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

My my 1.06 truly is shaping up to be as monumental as 1.05. I thought my day was made when tokens and maps scaled, but Lua _and_ this combat tracker. I'm not quite sure I can take it.

I have to ask: Any news on a possible release quarter. We speaking Q1 2006 or Q2 2006 or, horror, even later?

Q1. That combat tracker is done with scripts in the default ruleset. It's a feature of the ruleset now whereas LUA support is a feature of the software.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Thread Information