FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

To the extent the forums are used as any gauge of interest level in allocating programming resources - I would love an official release as well!

This can already be done in FG with morecore as princearwig's game videos and YouTube establish....but official release support is such a time save!
    Last edited by Talen; April 3rd, 2018 at 15:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    To the extent the forums are used as any gauge of interest level in allocating programming resources - I would love an official release as well!

This can be done in FG with morecore as princearwig's game videos and YouTube establish....but official release support is such a time save!
    Odds on it happening?
    Slim.
    The % of Torg games vs 5e games?

5e, Pathfinder, 3.5e, 4e and 1e/2e make up anywhere fro 65-75% of the entire market and number of games being played - online or offline.
    The next 10 most popular games take up 15-20% of the remaining market.
    The other 8,000+ games are fighting it out for the last 5-10% of the dollars and mindshare....

Damn math and statistics. *grumble....grumble....*
    Of course you're right, but one can hope. I had held out hope the mechanics were similar enough with savage world's (exploding die, deck use, Bennie equivalents) that it was a possibility....knowing there was a hell of alot more behind the scenes than that....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvin View Post
    We approached the Fantasy Grounds folks for official support, and they said they'd send out feelers to their development cadre but haven't heard back, so I assume nobody volunteered."
    This is what I tell new people who desperately want such-and-such ruleset in Discord all the time. There may be 40-60-ish (depending on what time of day and the moon cycle) of us freelance DLC Developers but the number of us who are knowledgeable enough at the ruleset-level is much smaller, and the number of those actually willing to put in hundreds of man-hours to build a ruleset for very little ROI is microscopic. There's a whole list of game systems whose publishers have licensed, but no developer to actually build those rulesets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    This is what I tell new people who desperately want such-and-such ruleset in Discord all the time. There may be 40-60-ish (depending on what time of day and the moon cycle) of us freelance DLC Developers but the number of us who are knowledgeable enough at the ruleset-level is much smaller, and the number of those actually willing to put in hundreds of man-hours to build a ruleset for very little ROI is microscopic. There's a whole list of game systems whose publishers have licensed, but no developer to actually build those rulesets.
    Wanna build a ruleset?
    Build a ruleset for a game system that you love and that you play.
    Dont build ruleset XYZ because someone someone else wants it.
    Dont build a ruleset thinking it will make you rich.
    Stick to stuff you love

Blog Entries
    Think about it this way...
    While MoreCore does not do everything... it does do a lot.
    If you want to play a game system and MoreCore doesnt have a dice system for it...

Write it and add it to MoreCore for everyone else to use.
    Dont say - "I cant".
    You know how the roll should work already so you are the best person to try it...

There are over 60 script examples so its very likely that most of what you do will be modifying a copy of an existing script.

The details of what files need changing is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post380255

Quote Originally Posted by princeearwig View Post
    While I am tinkering with trying to get various extensions to work with rulesets they weren't intended to work with I made a start on customising the skin.

Attachment 19953
    Any chance of getting that theme as an extension?

Ditto on theme! So good... gets us halfway to full Torg ruleset in FG(C|U)!-) (Yes, that’s a cruel joke, but great background!)
    Last edited by Guoccamole; April 14th, 2018 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvin View Post
    Any news on this extension? It looks like we're not going to get any "official" support for Torg Eternity judging from this post by Deanna Gilbert(who is one of the TE designers) on the official forums.

"I'm only working on Roll20.

We approached the Fantasy Grounds folks for official support, and they said they'd send out feelers to their development cadre but haven't heard back, so I assume nobody volunteered."
    I think Torg fans in FG(C|U) are still in the same boat as before, but Deanna was a little more optimistic today (2018-04-14) on Torg Living Land Kickstarter Livestream. Apparently, SmiteWorks has now made contact (so that puts Torg on SW radar, at least). So communications is up. The practical part (coding) seems the same, however, as that requires community support to come about. But a little more conversation is a good thing.
    Last edited by Guoccamole; April 14th, 2018 at 18:18.

Thread Information