FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 20 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Which version of morecore are you guys using? 1.51 seems to be alot more "tailored" to the extension that 1.55 is. I don't remember editing the old version, and I think I would have
    Yes MoreCore +1.54 broke visually buttons. I just fixed it removing them but it would look nicer on older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by discgolferusa View Post
    Ok still a little confused how you are managing the player hands. Do you run images of the cards for the tables to do the decks and also a set of shared tokens so they can add them to the card mats?
    Ok. Will try to explain. Destiny cards are on special thing because we needed to be able to share those among players and see each others Card Hand/Pool. Other Decks are easier.

I did modules for Drama, Destiny, Cosms Decks with the Basic Card Deck Tables extension. Each one of those I can load depending on the Cosm they are playing and use them. It is a table with images of the cards, you can shuffle and drop the cards link to the image on the Charsheet for Cosm Cards that are not shared. Show Drama Deck during Combat and Destiny deck to draw cards and give them to the players. I usually make a GAME copy of the Deck from the module so it saves the status of the Deck for the next Session so I have always the cards ready.

To use the Card Mats of each player I did a big image shared to everybody were I put all the Destiny Card Tokens in order of rows... those are the ones that Players can search when I deliver them a Denity card from the deck and put that token on their Mat as a card that they can move from Hand to Pool and share. To share a Destiny card they drop it on the background and then to the other players Hand. If you do directly move a token it fails. So it is a manual task that players do. It gets a lot faster after a couple of sessions.
    You have to think about the limitations that we have with Deck of Cards on Fantasy Grounds. So this was the best way we found to share cards and use decks. Hope it helps. Also you could watch some of our Gameplays to see how it works. We did a 16 Sessions Campaign.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alfarobl; May 12th, 2020 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Ok. Will try to explain. Destiny cards are on special thing because we needed to be able to share those among players and see each others Card Hand/Pool. Other Decks are easier.

I did modules for Drama, Destiny, Cosms Decks with the Basic Card Deck Tables extension. Each one of those I can load depending on the Cosm they are playing and use them. It is a table with images of the cards, you can shuffle and drop the cards link to the image on the Charsheet for Cosm Cards that are not shared. Show Drama Deck during Combat and Destiny deck to draw cards and give them to the players. I usually make a GAME copy of the Deck from the module so it saves the status of the Deck for the next Session so I have always the cards ready.

To use the Card Mats of each player I did a big image shared to everybody were I put all the Destiny Card Tokens in order of rows... those are the ones that Players can search when I deliver them a Denity card from the deck and put that token on their Mat as a card that they can move from Hand to Pool and share. To share a Destiny card they drop it on the background and then to the other players Hand. If you do directly move a token it fails. So it is a manual task that players do. It gets a lot faster after a couple of sessions.
    You have to think about the limitations that we have with Deck of Cards on Fantasy Grounds. So this was the best way we found to share cards and use decks. Hope it helps. Also you could watch some of our Gameplays to see how it works. We did a 16 Sessions Campaign.

Now you're making me wish I had thought to make all my decks as modules!!! So, when you did that what did you include? The tokens and the tables and images? Do you include a module specific shared cards mat with all the tokens on it? I've never created a module (obviously since I've only had fantasygrounds for like 3 days now) is it difficult to make the decks that way? I'm thinking about doing the same with my NPC's, but I've already started making a ton of those. Is it possible to make a module from groups in the npc tables?

Oh the brain is working overtime now thinking of the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I'm guessing the "modules" for the torg reference, cosm deck and nile empire deck and such aren't sharable, am I correct? I have all the resources to create these, but what kind of effort are we talking about?
    Not sure how hard the module creation is, but creating the card decks wasn't too bad. Pulling the images from the PDF's and organizing the tables for the decks took me most of a day. It looks like I now have to take those and make shareable tokens for the cards as well, but since the images are done, that should go super quick.

I'm now trying to figure out how to organize them so that I can package them as modules for my campaign. Then after that I'm going to create cosm specific NPCs for export as well from all of the source material.

If you have the PDF's from the KS campaigns you can use TokenTool to take all of the pogs and create tokens for all the creatures. That was super simple to do with that tool.

FYI if you want to enter the TORG Eternity world you have a new quickstart just released here:
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...eek-Quickstart

And the intro adventures Day One are also PWYW now, they are great to intro a new group into each of the different Cosms:
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...Adventure-Book

Ok, so I figured out how to make the decks as modules. Now the big question. I've made about 60 NPC's across multiple cosms in my overall project. I would love to break it out by cosm, but I don't want to spend hours recreating them all. Is there any easy way to grab specific npc's and move them to a different campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Some small suggestions on themeing...
    Thank you. Looks nicer that way... I moved desktop 80 pixels up to be able to see the Bonus Chart on background. But perfect now.I could delete old buttons? Now it will always be wide sidebar?

Blog Entries
    Here is a new desktop done properly for your 80px - if you use this one use the new code below.

<framedef name="desktop">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop-new.jpg" />
    <topleft rect="0,0,1260,800" />
    <left rect="0,800,1260,1200" />
    <middle rect="1260,0,660,2000" />
    </framedef>

This will tile cleanly up to 4k screen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information