DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Another question: What is the syntax for inserting Encounters (Combats in XML) into a module?
    Non-sequitors are like bicycles - they don't bathe.

New extension introduced

Load Limit House Rule extension added. Download it from Post #4.

This extension allows GM to change how much load limit each die type of Strength allows.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    This extension allows GM to change how much load limit each die type of Strength allows.
    So I understand the concept of this, but how would I actually change the load limits in game once I've installed the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    So I understand the concept of this, but how would I actually change the load limits in game once I've installed the extension?
    After extension is loaded, you have new option in options view under house rules section.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

SW Trait Roll Details:

When the GM rolls a hidden roll, the players are able to see the details. They do not see the result itself (because it is hidden), but the extension gives the details to the players: "Trait roll was 1, Savage dice was 4".

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    SW Trait Roll Details:

When the GM rolls a hidden roll, the players are able to see the details. They do not see the result itself (because it is hidden), but the extension gives the details to the players: "Trait roll was 1, Savage dice was 4".
    That is known quirk. No plans to change it. Hidden rolls were never focus of that extension. You could add support for hidden rolls yourself if you know how to develop extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    That is known quirk. No plans to change it. Hidden rolls were never focus of that extension. You could add support for hidden rolls yourself if you know how to develop extensions.
    I was reporting what I thought it was a bug, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    I was reporting what I thought it was a bug, sorry.
    That's ok. Many others have reported the same concern and I though to just write the fact here now. I don't plan to improve this extension further because it is just sample on what you can do with the ruleset if you can write extension.

Another reason for not improving this is that there are plans to implement this into ruleset itself after FGU offers new chat APIs. The implementation would be totally different but it would solve the same case the extension does.

Love the extensions. Any chance you can write up an ammo tracking one?

Trait Roll Details Tower support

[Edited] Just uploaded a new version where it now shows the trait roll details for the GM only when rolling on the tower.

Just made a quick change on the extension to support the tower, right now it won't show the trait roll details if the tower is used. I would like to send the message just to the GM but it is my first foray with lua and FG extensions, I have kind of wing it. Will try to add that later on.

@Ikael, I have kept all the metadata as it was, just increased the version from 0.4 to 0.5 in case you want to make it available as the new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ragnarol; May 14th, 2020 at 19:23.

Thread Information