Starfinder Playlist

Help with reference manual side by side layout

If someone has an example of a ref manual with a tall image on the left and a text with frame on the right i would be very grateful.
    I can get them to work on their own but i can not get them to be side by side. Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

See the info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...e_Manual_Pages

You'll need to use align of left,right or right,left This is using two values, so this applies: "If 2 values are specified in the align field, then it is always assumed that there is a text column, and that the text column is assigned the first alignment value. The second alignment value will then be applied to the text2, image or picture field."

So, have a <text> entry for your text info, and an <image> entry for the image. <text> is displayed in the first align location, so use <align type="string">"right,left"</align> to put the text on the right.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 3rd, 2017 at 04:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Attachment 19224
    This is what i am getting. I read the wiki.. I was looking for an example. does the image and text with the frame go in the same block?

Code:
    <block_04>
                        <blocktype type="string">text</blocktype>
                        <align type="string">left,right</align>
                            <text2 type="formattedtext">
                            <P>Virtually every Osirian tomb contains images of the jackal-headed god Anubis, the god of mummification and protector of tombs. He presides over funerals and embalming, and guides souls to Pharasma to await their judgment in the afterlife, punishing tomb robbers and defending the dead on their journeys to the Boneyard. Anubis is the son of Osiris and Nephthys, and assisted Isis with Osiris’s mummification. Like his father, Anubis frequently comes into conf lict with Set, particularly regarding that god’s association with undeath. As a guardian of the dead and their tombs, Anubis frequently works with Isis, Neith, Nephthys, and Selket, who protect the canopic jars containing the organs of the deceased. Anubis usually appears as a man with jet-black skin and the head of a jackal, though he sometimes takes the entire form of a jackal.</P>
                            <P>Clerics and paladins of Anubis are dedicated to destroying undead creatures wherever they find them. Anubis is the patron of embalmers, and priests and embalmers typically wear jackal masks that cover their entire heads in honor of their god. Anubis grants his followers the Death domain and Souls subdomain, but worshipers of Anubis who choose either of these adjust the granted domain spells slightly. Those who choose the Death domain replace animate dead with speak with dead, create undead with antilife shell, and create greater undead with symbol of death. Those who choose the Souls subdomain replace animate dead with speak with dead.</P>
                            </text2>
                            <frame type="string">text3</frame>
                            <image type="image"><bitmap>dead3.bmp</bitmap></image>
                            <size type="string">250,700</size>
                        </block_04>
                        <block_05>
                        <blocktype type="string">image</blocktype>
                        <align type="string">right,left</align>
                        <size type="string">250,350</size>
                        </block_05>
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

"If 2 values are specified in the align field, then it is always assumed that there is a text column..." You're using <text2> column, change it to <text>. And, as I mentioned, you need to use <align type="string">"right,left"</align> Not, left, right.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And, yes, if you want them text and image in the same section (block), but them in the same <blockXX> XML.

So, this should work:

Code:
    <block_04>
    	<text type="formattedtext">
    	<P>Virtually every Osirian tomb contains images of the jackal-headed god Anubis, the god of mummification and protector of tombs. He presides over funerals and embalming, and guides souls to Pharasma to await their judgment in the afterlife, punishing tomb robbers and defending the dead on their journeys to the Boneyard. Anubis is the son of Osiris and Nephthys, and assisted Isis with Osiris’s mummification. Like his father, Anubis frequently comes into conf lict with Set, particularly regarding that god’s association with undeath. As a guardian of the dead and their tombs, Anubis frequently works with Isis, Neith, Nephthys, and Selket, who protect the canopic jars containing the organs of the deceased. Anubis usually appears as a man with jet-black skin and the head of a jackal, though he sometimes takes the entire form of a jackal.</P>
    	<P>Clerics and paladins of Anubis are dedicated to destroying undead creatures wherever they find them. Anubis is the patron of embalmers, and priests and embalmers typically wear jackal masks that cover their entire heads in honor of their god. Anubis grants his followers the Death domain and Souls subdomain, but worshipers of Anubis who choose either of these adjust the granted domain spells slightly. Those who choose the Death domain replace animate dead with speak with dead, create undead with antilife shell, and create greater undead with symbol of death. Those who choose the Souls subdomain replace animate dead with speak with dead.</P>
    	</text>
    </block_04>

Thanks I have it now..

edit: i thought it was the <text2> but that did not fix it .
    pasted the code as is but it will not add image if there is a frame.

Attachment 19225
    Chris
    Last edited by madman; June 3rd, 2017 at 06:16. Reason: still not working

Chris, the way the code is written in Trenloe's example it is trying to put the frame on the picture, you want to put the frame info before the text part... personally i would do this this way...

Code:
    <block_04>
    	<text type="formattedtext">
    	</text>
    </block_04>
    try that it should work
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

see here is a screen shot with the frame and image in the order i wrote in the code above
    Attachment 19226

EDIT: I kinda like that, i might leave it...
    Last edited by Wookiee420; June 3rd, 2017 at 07:01.
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Thread Information