DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

effect on feat elemental adept

Whats right code to ignore a creature resistance and reroll dice numbers i need help

There isn't an effect you can set up that will ignore resistance. The DM will have to switch off the effect in the CT before the player rolls for damage.

I'm not sure what you mean by rerolling dice numbers. If you are trying to set up a weapon which rerolls; say rolls of 1, then add into the weapon properties section 'reroll 1'; if you want to reroll 1 & 2 then 'reroll 2' etc

If it isn't that then some further information would be good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

He quoted a feat from the PHB. Can't duplicate it here because of legals, but it causes spell damage to treat 1's as 2's.

FG doesn't do this.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't an effect you can set up that will ignore resistance. The DM will have to switch off the effect in the CT before the player rolls for damage.

I'm not sure what you mean by rerolling dice numbers. If you are trying to set up a weapon which rerolls; say rolls of 1, then add into the weapon properties section 'reroll 1'; if you want to reroll 1 & 2 then 'reroll 2' etc

If it isn't that then some further information would be good.
    Well you can try something like IFT: CUSTOM(RESIST: edit); DMG: .....
    And here is where I stopped because I did not find any code fore double or crit the damage, otherwise would have worked, as I tried DMG: 2 and it did

Blog Entries
    As said earlier, you can't ignore resistsnce with an effect. As you noticed, your code doesn't work. You can do REROLL:2, but not the resistance part.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is an old post so it is at least possible now to create an effect which would nullify the resistance.

If a creature is resistant to a particular damage type it is possible to nullify that resistance by creating an effect of VULN: <damage type> and placing it on the creature. So creating an effect of, say 'resistant' and placing it on the NPC and then creating another effect on the player of IFT: CUSTOM(resistant); VULN: <damagetype> would succeed. It still seems easier for the DM to switch off the resistance in the CT.

There still isn't a way to make 1's into 2's however, but that is fairly easy to add in manually after the event. Another method would be to untarget before rolling the damage and roll instead into the chatbox. Count up any 1's and add that number into the modifier box and then drag the damage from chat onto the creature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is an old post so it is at least possible now to create an effect which would nullify the resistance.

If a creature is resistant to a particular damage type it is possible to nullify that resistance by creating an effect of VULN: <damage type> and placing it on the creature. So creating an effect of, say 'resistant' and placing it on the NPC and then creating another effect on the player of IFT: CUSTOM(resistant); VULN: <damagetype> would succeed. It still seems easier for the DM to switch off the resistance in the CT.

There still isn't a way to make 1's into 2's however, but that is fairly easy to add in manually after the event. Another method would be to untarget before rolling the damage and roll instead into the chatbox. Count up any 1's and add that number into the modifier box and then drag the damage from chat onto the creature.
    Man am I off today!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yep, I' ve just realized it . Funny, it worked once and then it stopped. It does apply the VULN anymore.
    Last edited by Drogo210; August 17th, 2018 at 08:09.

Thread Information