STAR TREK 2d20

Pathfinder: Half Damage From Fireballs

Had a combat yesterday where a sorcerer was hitting 16 targets with a Fireball at times. The ones that make the Reflex save get untargeted and he rolls the damage on the remaining targets...but then it seems he has to halve the damage and individually drag the half-damage to each target that made the save. Is there a better way to handle this?

Blog Entries
    In 5E there is an option something like Remove Targets on Miss. I suspect there is one in PF as well. You'll want to turn that off and then it will work as expected/desired (I assume).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Actually, the 5e ruleset doesn't remove any targets; instead it remembers which saved (are taking half damage) and which failed. Then when damage is rolled, targets either take full, half, or no damage (FG looks for the 'EVASION' effect and adjusts to half/no damage).

The PF ruleset doesn't have the chunk of 5e code that does this yet. So you'll have to manually assign the half damage.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I was testing this with a friend last night.
    We had the caster target each of the affected characters. Click on target enemies and then manually click on target mode to add single targets (or remove single targets) From there the spell is cast (which rolls a d20 for each target to see if they save or not) then the damage roll is applied accordingly.
    Make sure that you turn off the "Remove if miss" in the option. In case the sorcerer wants to fireball again the next round. Otherwise on the sorcerer's turn, you can click clear targets to have him target a different character/s.

We did the same for channel positive energy. (we converted cure light wounds mass to channel positive energy and adjusted the dice and description and left it in the 0 level spells so that it doesn't confuse the cleric)

I hope this helps.

Thread Information