5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New To FG

New To FG

Hello all. As the title says, i am new to FG and I am trying it out on the 3.99 monthly sub for my group before I purchase it fully.

I already have a question though. I am currently trying Pathfinder, I dont see any options to create a charachter or specifically generate one using an existing pencil and paper charachter onto Pf charachter sheet in FG.

any help would be appreciated, ty in advance.

After creating your campaign, click on the "Characters" Icon on the right side bar, Right click on the Character Selection window and select "Create Item". Click on the new character, and fill out the character sheet.

There are videos posted in various places around here, you may want to watch a few of them.

And welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums Taigon.

Some info here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks to both of you. I just watched a couple and they show that they are entering info manually from D20 PFSRD, info like languages, Standard Racial traits, armor type and etc,etc.... If I purchase the PFSRD through FG does this info populate automatically or does all this other standard / basic info still need to be input manualy?

The PFSRD is included for free, but it doesn't open automatically. Open Library, then click Modules in the lower left corner. You can open the modules by dragging to left on the cover of the book icon. This is also how you will access the official Paizo books or any adventures that you might buy in the future.

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

What is the difference between the 3.5 basic rules and the PFRPG basic rules? I know that the PFRPG basic rules is for Pathfinder but what is the 3.5 basic rules for? Is the 3.5 basic rules for D&D?

Also What is the difference between the three Free PF you include and the PF Core rule book for 49.00?
    Last edited by Taigon; May 21st, 2017 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Taigon View Post
    What is the difference between the 3.5 basic rules and the PFRPG basic rules? I know that the PFRPG basic rules is for Pathfinder but what is the 3.5 basic rules for? Is the 3.5 basic rules for D&D?
    PF is based on D&D 3.5.

I have been looking around but cant find the answer to this question "What is the difference between the three Free PFSRD you include and the PF Core rule book for 49.00?"

The free PFSRD are the data from the free System Reference Document. They include everything you need to play, but without any fancy bells and whistles. The official core rules include all the content from the physical book, including the pictures. It is also newer and takes better advantage of the automation available in the ruleset, such as automatically applying bonuses and abilities when you drag a class onto the character sheet.

By the way, if you already own any of the Paizo PDFs, there is a discount available on those products by linking your account in the Help section.

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information