DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Number 3 is caused by players not being able to change the DB nodes created by the GM. I might be able to do an if statement to create and store the client values in a separate part of the DB which the clients get ownership of.
    Yep, that's why I mentioned OOB messaging. You can use OOB messaging to send the info from the client to the GM so that the GM side stores the data in the database. Then, the GM side needs to make the nodes public so that the player side can read the data to create the windows without OOB messaging. OOB messaging would be needed when the player side needs to create the data or needs to delete it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've uploaded v.0.3.0 which adds a prompt that asks whether it should load the windows from last time, which seems to get rid of the masterindex bug. Please tell me how it goes and if the bug resurfaces.

To explain the bug. It didn't have anything to do with having a blank story entry. It had to do with the onDesktopInit() function not loading in any particular order and each encounter (story) loading up the masterindex window for the navigation buttons to see which encounter (story) entry was the index, previous, and next. So masterindex was trying to access something that was not initialized in its own onDesktopInit().

Since Fantasy Grounds doesn't have any kind of timers, I solved the problem by adding a prompt that comes up. By the time the user clicks the prompt, everything has loaded up.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Since Fantasy Grounds doesn't have any kind of timers, I solved the problem by adding a prompt that comes up. By the time the user clicks the prompt, everything has loaded up.
    Nice solution. :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First of all, this extension is awesome. IMHO one of the big things missing from FG ui in general. A couple of ideas for improvement:

* Remember the scaleui setting - this has a pretty large impact on window placement, so if the scaleui isn't done before the extension rearranges windows it gets a bit wonky
    * Maybe remember whether the FG window was maximized

(Right now, I'm using this by (1) launching FG, (2) /scaleui command, (3) maximize window, (4) click the extension prompt to restore my window locations.)

Quote Originally Posted by lordjeb View Post
    * Remember the scaleui setting
    Set "UI Scale" in the FG settings window before you start your campaign. This setting will be remembered for all of your sessions.

Updated to version 0.4.0.

Changes:
    • Added custom frame, and classes so prompt works on all rulesets.
    • Disabled it from showing the prompt or saving windows on clients (will add client support later).

Big, Fat, Total

Thank you!
    GM Rondor Redbeard

Quote Originally Posted by lordjeb View Post
    First of all, this extension is awesome. IMHO one of the big things missing from FG ui in general. A couple of ideas for improvement:

* Remember the scaleui setting - this has a pretty large impact on window placement, so if the scaleui isn't done before the extension rearranges windows it gets a bit wonky
    * Maybe remember whether the FG window was maximized

(Right now, I'm using this by (1) launching FG, (2) /scaleui command, (3) maximize window, (4) click the extension prompt to restore my window locations.)
    Unfortunately there is no API command to maximize or restore the FG window, so that feature is not going to happen. See other post about ScaleUI.

There is a way to have FG always start maximized; one of my players does it. It might have something to do with Steam though. I'll ask him.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information