DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Newbie seeking Help please :) Bigger Portrait on Character Sheet

Hi
    Newbie here to Fantasy Grounds, and have to say what a wonderful group of people you all seem to be
    Anyways, on with my request
    I'm hoping to start a campaign with some friends, using the CoreRPG system, and I'm playing around with character sheets etc.
    One of the friends has spent a considerable amount of time making a beautiful portrait of their character, which may not be the most important thing, however in an effort to appease them I was scouring the forum for a way to increase the Portrait size on the Character Sheet.
    Sadly my knowledge of XML or Lua is non-existent, although I was hoping that it would be a relatively simple task of adjusting some of the co-ordinates in one of the graphics.xml's.
    The current Portrait size on the Character sheet seems to be maybe 20x20 pixels, and I was hoping to maybe increase that to 40x40, although I realise I may then need to push the actual main blocks lower, and would need to move the Token picture as well >.>
    Is this something that can be achieved via XML or is it all 'coded' into the Lua scripts?
    Thanks for any help or replies/suggestions

Welcome to the forums angelamys

The standard portrait size is actually 63x63 pixels.

You can change the size, but you'll need to do it in a number of places - and will then also have to shift other controls around.

The portrait control is found at the highest level in the CoreRPG campaign\record_char.xml file, which uses the portrait_char template, found in campaign\template_char.xml. There are also various other places where the portrait is used (the charlist pictures of the PCs on the desktop, for example) and there are some _mask.png files that are used in the portrait display process.

So, not simple to just change the portrait size and have a uniform look throughout the interface.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow thanks for the fast reply
    and thank you for the welcome
    I feared this was perhaps the case boohoo
    I guess I will have to rely on the great things you guys invent until I have the time to delve deeper into the magical world of XML
    Thanks again

You can add the image to the campaign just like any other images, and then share it with the players. They can then open it any time they want. You can also create a category called "PC portraits" for this images, and it will appear in the drop down selection at the top of the image list window.

You can also link the portrait into the misc info on the character sheet.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions Szabtom and Nylanfs
    Both of these will work fine
    Thanks again

Blog Entries
    If the size of the window on the character sheet that shows the portrait is changed (along with the layout that would require), is that going to effect the portrait used on the desktop or the CT?

i.e. if the portrait on the charactersheet is shown at 100x100, is the image file itself sized at 63x63 and FG will just scale it in the display?

Part of this, if a larger image is used (today) does FG change the actual image or does it just scale the display?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FG scales images to fit the required size for the mask controls.

FYI - it's a token on the combat tracker, not a portrait. The token may, or may not, have been auto created from the portrait by the ruleset. But it is now a token with potentially different dimensions (based off the token masks used during the conversion process).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Trenloe.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I've moved the character portrait (in CoreRPG) from the record_char.xml to the record_char_main.xml file and though I should be able to resize it there.
    XML;
    Code:
        <windowclass name="charsheet_main">
            <margins control="0,0,0,2" />
            <sheetdata>
                <genericcontrol>
                    <bounds>15,10,160,160</bounds>
                    <icon>charlist_base</icon>
                    <disabled />
                </genericcontrol>
                <portrait_charlocal name="localportrait">
                    <invisible />
                </portrait_charlocal>
                <portrait_char name="portrait">
                </portrait_char>
            </sheetdata>
        </windowclass>
    But I only get this (i.e. the portrait is not 160x160);
    Attachment 19381

I think the portrait is defined by "charlist_base", and when I find in files on that I get a couple of controls that have size limits, but those don't appear to be the right controls (I think they are for PC selection and desktop display, found in campaign_chars.xml & ref_[pregen_char.xml). Am I wrong and it's one of those? Or do I need to create a new template/control to control the size separately? Or is it something else?

Thanks in Advance

Thread Information