FG Spreadshirt Swag

Having specific hit points for some monsters

I am using the House Rules (GM) option for CT: NPC hit points and using Random.

This is great for the bulk of monsters that the party will encounter, but there are a few monsters (specifically end bosses) that I would rather it automatically set the creature to the hit points found on the creature NPC page.

Is there anyway to choose specific monsters to not have the Random factor of that option affect?

Thanks.

BTW...I love this community. You guys have been very helpful with the different questions I have asked and the wiki is very extensive.

I would simply copy the 'boss' NPC stats and edit it to delete the bracketed hit points. When that NPC record is added to the Combat Tracker it will always have the average number of hp.

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    I would simply copy the 'boss' NPC stats and edit it to delete the bracketed hit points. When that NPC record is added to the Combat Tracker it will always have the average number of hp.
    WOW! I never thought of that. So by removing the bracketed part it makes it so just the number value stays.

Nice Trick! Works like a charm!

You can also just change the HP in the combat tracker if you want.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by jshauber View Post
    You can also just change the HP in the combat tracker if you want.
    This is true but I have a tendency to forget to update the hit points on the boss creatures until after the fight has been going on.

This way I can ensure I do not run into the issue of me being forgetful.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    This is true but I have a tendency to forget to update the hit points on the boss creatures until after the fight has been going on.

This way I can ensure I do not run into the issue of me being forgetful.
    Yeah, there is that...I don't know if you allow players to see HP for NPCs or not, but you can always change it mid-fight if you have to. Sometimes, it is good to be the Diabolic GM!!! BWHAHAHAHA
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

The players cannot see the hit point number on NPCs but they do see the health bars on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    The players cannot see the hit point number on NPCs but they do see the health bars on the side.
    Both of these can be changed in the Options menu. You can choose to show the players exact HP, wound categories (which can be detailed or simple), or even no info at all. You can also change the bar to a colored dot, or remove it altogether.

FG Con 10 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 7-9 2017
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information