5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Wonderful job! This has always bothered me, but now you've fixed it. Nice work!

I've been working on making a few changes and expanding this for my own needs as follows. I'm open to feedback myself. Ultimately, this is a test for me. Once I can get this working, I'll probably just do away with Wounds and migrate to HP completely eliminating the need for an extra text field in both the character sheet and combat tracker. I'll just have to figure out how to manipulate the wounds in the back end so my players and I can work with HP. I have a little bit of work to do yet with the combat tracker noted below.

Changes and Additions
    • Changed the display order from WND/MAX/TMP to HP/MAX/TMP/ to better reflect the order on the Combat Tracker and more logical display of information (for me).
    • Updated script to update the color of both Current HP and Wounds.
    • Added inclusion of Temporary HP into the calculation of Current HP
    • Changed CUR header label to HP
    • Added HP field to Combat Tracker that updates with Current HP on the character sheet, including color
    • Adjusted labels on Combat Tracker to reflect the all caps lettering of the character sheet
    • NPC HP now updated in the combat tracker

Notes
    • Had to rename the HP label on the character sheet in the 5e Ruleset to move it. Have requested label be named
    • Can't move or change the lettering of the Name label on the Combat Tracker is it's not named. Have requested label be named
    • You can manually change / update the number in the combat tracker to anything. However changing the wounds will immediately update it.

Todo
    • Need to implement the Client side Combat Tracker. I'm struggling with this a bit, as I can't see where the fields and classes have been implemented
    • Ultimately remove Wounds and Replace with Current HP everywhere
    • Add Option to support Current HP over Wounds as a toggle in Options
    • Block manual changing of current HP on combat tracker. The code here just does the math in the combat tracker instead of referencing the character or npc.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tielc; May 25th, 2018 at 03:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
    I've been working on making a few changes and expanding this for my own needs as follows.
    Will you be posting it here when you're finished? I refresh this page about once per day looking for it heh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacksquatch View Post
    ... I refresh this page about once per day looking for it heh.
    Thread Tools (top right) > Subscribe to Thread >> Notification Type > Instantly by email

Might make your life a little easier

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacksquatch View Post
    Will you be posting it here when you're finished? I refresh this page about once per day looking for it heh.
    I've been a bit distracted from work for the last few days. Besides some golf, I have a pretty open holiday weekend though and will hopefully make some progress.

Making a little progress. I have the health working in the combat tracker for the NPCs. Updating my previous post to reflect this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to start looking at this differently tomorrow and see what it looks like to just change the system to Current HP from Wounds. I'm worried too much depends on it all the way down to CoreRPG, but it's worth a look at least. Worse case, I leave Wounds as a low level property of characters and npcs and just work over top of it.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Man, if it was possible to get rid of the WND box altogether that would be great... it has always been counter-intuitive to me for some reason. When playing with pen/paper, I always write down my actual remaining HP, this has always been a big mental hurdle for me with FG (and other playiers in the group). I love what you're doing here. Keep up the great work.

Just an update. I’ve made pretty good progress on this. I’m dealing with a few issues. But when I get home later, I should be able to upload what I have so far with some known caveats. You can see the thread here that I’m working through.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-in-Extension

I've finally finished my updates to this exension to include Current HP on the Character Sheet and Combat Tracker on both the GM and Player views. Here is a list of the items that have been changed with this Extension.

Changes and Additions
    • Changed the display order from WND/MAX/TMP to HP/MAX/TMP/ to better reflect the order on the Combat Tracker and more logical display of information (for me).
    • Added Current HP to the Host and Client Combat Tracker.
    • Updated script to update the color of both Current HP and Wounds on the Character Sheet and Combat Tracker.
    • Adjusted labels on Combat Tracker to reflect the all caps lettering of the character sheet

Notes
    • You have to add a name attribute to the 5E Ruleset in the file /campaign/record_char_main.xml. Replace line 366 which reads <label> with <label name="char_label_hp">
    • Can't move or change the lettering of the Name label on the Combat Tracker is it's not named. Have requested label be named
    • You can manually change / update the Current HP on the GM Combat Tracker. However changing the wounds will immediately update it to reflect the Total HP - Wounds.

Todo
    • Ultimately remove Wounds and Replace with Current HP everywhere
    • Add Option to support Current HP over Wounds as a toggle in Options

Here is a video showing how the extension works for both the GM and Players
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information