FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 94 of 108 First ... 44849293949596104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    In RotR Ch 6, Spires of Xin-Shalast, in Gear: Viorian Dekanti, she has a Belt of Physical Perfection +6 (Str, Con). This should be a Belt of Physical Might +6 (Str, Con). Note that the item is incorrect, not just the name.
    Thanks for reporting, Callum.

I have fixed it and checked it in. It will go LIVE a week from today. In the meantime, there is a Belt of Physical Might +6 (Str, Dex) in the items. You can make a copy of that and change the Dex to Con in order to give the item to your party.

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi,

The official Paizo Pathfinder Bestiary module appears to have a formatting issue - if it is viewed via the "Reference Manual" option for the module, the "Monsters A-Z" section only has 12 entries listed in the table of contents, "Angel, Archon, Azata, Demon, Devil, Dragon, Golem, Lycanthrope, Skeleton, Vampire, and Zombie." All other monsters appear to be missing from the reference manual view. The monsters are viewable as NPC items, but trying to read the Bestiary in reference manual format, somehow most of the monsters are missing. Looking at Bestiary 2 and Bestiary 3 as a comparison in "Reference Manual" view, all the monsters appear in the "Monsters A-Z" section, so this seems to be an issue isolated to the Bestiary 1.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    The official Paizo Pathfinder Bestiary module appears to have a formatting issue - if it is viewed via the "Reference Manual" option for the module, the "Monsters A-Z" section only has 12 entries listed in the table of contents, "Angel, Archon, Azata, Demon, Devil, Dragon, Golem, Lycanthrope, Skeleton, Vampire, and Zombie." All other monsters appear to be missing from the reference manual view. The monsters are viewable as NPC items, but trying to read the Bestiary in reference manual format, somehow most of the monsters are missing. Looking at Bestiary 2 and Bestiary 3 as a comparison in "Reference Manual" view, all the monsters appear in the "Monsters A-Z" section, so this seems to be an issue isolated to the Bestiary 1.
    Bestiary 1 was released without all of the creature data within the reference manual as that wasn't available in our parsing tools at that point. We've begun the process of adding in this data, but it's not a simple process as we need to ensure we have complete backwards compatibility with the current data structure. We don't have an ETA of when this will be completed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Advanced Bestiary, in FGU, seems to have an issue with a few areas having formatting errors like missing spaces or returns (like the Alchemist Discoveries).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Falco1029; January 27th, 2022 at 19:24. Reason: Attachment issue.

Thanks for reporting. I've applied encoding fixes to this product to improve the presentation issues with missing/block characters, and added the missing paragraph break from your picture.

If you run a new Check for Updates, you should get the updated material.

Regards,
    JPG

Great!

Another minor issue in the Advanced Bestiary, coding-related this time. If you use a formula like "=([HALFHD] + [DEXTERITY BONUS])" and the bonus ends up being a negative number, it'll throw an exception as it doesn't properly process the negative number in the addition function, so it things it's sending a string to math.abs

I imagine this would also happen with other functions that do math to a negative number? But I haven't thoroughly tested things.

I BELIEVE I fixed it by replacing all the instances of (%d+) in the mathematical functions with (%-*%d+) to make sure it captures the negative, in my personal copy of template_npc_factory.lua? But Lua isn't my strongsuit, still learning it for extension stuff, and so I don't know if I broke anything else doing that.

I just pushed an update to that extension in the Advanced Bestiary to add (%-?%d+) in many cases where that could occur. Can you Check for Updates, and try your scenario again?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed an update to that extension in the Advanced Bestiary to add (%-?%d+) in many cases where that could occur. Can you Check for Updates, and try your scenario again?

Regards,
    JPG
    Sorry for the belated response (Haven't opened FGU in a few days) but it seems to be working, at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Could you shortly say what these abilities do? Then we can try to provide help how to add these abilities (I have sadly no idea about kineticists and never really heard of them)

About touch for weapons: Add touch as property to the weapon, then it will be a touch weapon If it is a short-time effect (like just for the next attack), then click the modifier window (the plus/minus button at upper right) and there is a touch modifier button
    Sorta hard to explain If you dont know what a Kineticist is... But, I'll give it a try.
    Basically a Kineticist is a CON based "caster" which uses Elemental "Blasts" based on elements which you choose. (this part is relatively easy for me to add) However, they also modify their Blasts with "Infusions" which change how the Blast works in some (fairly significant) way.

For Example: Kinetic Whip Infusion: Causes the Blast to become a Melee weapon with 10ft range, which does not suffer the normal reach limit of you cant use it against a foe right in front of you.

Cloud Infusion You release your power in a diffuse cloud. You can center this 20-foot-radius spread anywhere within 120 feet of you. All creatures and objects within the cloud when you create it automatically take 1/4 the normal amount of damage from your blast with no saving throw. Any time a creature enters the cloud, it takes half the normal amount of damage from your blast, as do creatures that end their turns in the cloud. Your cloud obscures vision as obscuring mist. It lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier or until you use the cloud infusion again.

Chilling Infusion: Causes targets of the "blast" to be Staggered if they fail a Fort Save.

And these effects can stack on top of each other (dependent on burn available)... I dont NEED (though I sort of expected from a paid module) for FGU to handle burn... I "can" do that myself... but how are my players supposed to use their infusions when they DONT EXIST in the module which contains the class. [Quick Edit: "Burn" is a balance feature of the class which deals an amount of non-leathal damage to the PC to add infusions to the Blast (and some Wild Talents), it is ALSO a CORE feature of the class. Close Edit]

There are literally DOZENS of Infusions and (spell like abilities) Utility Wild Talents which are not included in the module which SHOULD add them.

Some of these features I dont need FGU to handle... but It would be nice if the module added say a "weapon" "Kinetic Blast" that scaled in the appropriate way or at LEAST gave me options for the Infusions.

I dont understand how this is NOT a bug... If I am expected to build the ENTIRE CLASS after I buy the module... Why did I buy the module??
    Last edited by Taran Eilonwy; February 4th, 2022 at 14:27.

As with any product sold through our store, if you are not happy with the purchase, we provide a 30 day money back guarantee.

The DLC books provided by FGC are data files, not changes to the base game system framework or automation. They let you read about the data from the book while within Fantasy Grounds, as well as drag and drop standard record types, such as spells, feats, etc.

While we provide a fair amount of automation for common combat rules and actions within the game systems we support; there is no way for us to realistically support automation for every possible combination of rules (especially in a system as complex as Pathfinder). So, we aim to provide flexible ways to place the data on the sheets to improve the experience, as well as support standard core mechanics automation.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information