DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Effect Coding Questions & Answers

I am making this thread to house Any questions about how to code certain effects. I will use Post 2 to try and consolidate some of the answers.

*** Removed Size Matters (unneeded with Size Changes) and added 4 new extensions in red below***

Extensions I use that add or edit effects:

Aura Effect by bmos
    Encumbrance Penalties by Bmos
    Live Hitpoints by Bmos
    Spell Failure by bmos
    Remove Effect Tag Extension by darrenan
    Feature: Extended automation and overlays by Kelrugem
    Temporal Fixation by MeAndUnique
    Better Combat Effects by rhagelstrom
    Close Encounters by Saagael
    3.5E & Pathfinder Clustered Attacks by SoxMax
    3.5 & Pathfinder Distance Conditional by SoxMax
    Effects Modify Effects by SoxMax
    Size Changes by SoxMax

Feel free to suggest any I may have missed that add or change effects for PF1e
    Last edited by Morenu; February 16th, 2024 at 03:36.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Answered coding questions:

feat that is SR=5+character level
    SR: 5 [LVL]
    "Spear of the Watchful Guardian" has the ability to change it's damage type for 5 mins. Could this be done with an effect?
    I would just make 3 spears of the watchful guardian with the 3 basic types of damage - slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning.
    Spear of the Watchful Guardian; DMGTYPE: silver
    Spear of the Watchful Guardian; DMGTYPE: cold iron
    Bleed: 1st one will roll a d4 once then apply the ongoing result to the CT, the 2nd will reroll 1d4 each round:
    DMGO: [1d4], bleed
    DMGO: 1d4, bleed
    SKILL:2 trait,Craft alchemy does not work. [skill names are all lower case]
    SKILL: 2 trait, craft alchemy
    Unlike most effects, AURA requires a space after the AURA: (so AURA:10 does not work, but AURA: 10 does)
    AURA: 20 friend,color[yellow];Aura of courage; IFTAG: fear, cause fear, aura of fear;SAVE:4
    AURA: 30 friend,color[pink];Inspire Courage;ATK:1;DMG:1;IFTAG:fear, cause fear, charm person;SAVE:1
    AURA: 20 foe,color[red];Aura of Despair;SAVE:-2
    an aura where pcs auto save every beginning of their turn, and if they fail, take dmg and apply nauseated effect. And if they succeed, only take half damage and not apply the effect.
    AURA: 10 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: 17 FORT (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8; SAVEADD: Nauseated
    Feat, for ranged weapons, Distance conditional is great.
    Point Blank Shot; IFT: DISTANCE(<=30); ATK: 1 ranged; DMG: 1 ranged
    Light Crossbow; IFT: DISTANCE(>80); ATK: -2 ranged; IFT: DISTANCE(>160); ATK: -2 ranged; IFT: DISTANCE(>240); ATK: -2 ranged; IFT: DISTANCE(>320); ATK: -2 ranged; IFT: DISTANCE(>400); ATK: -40 ranged
    Each ranged attack directed at you for which the attacker must make an attack roll has a 20% miss chance
    Entropic Shield;IFTAG:ranged;CONC:20
    Alignment check and custom label example. Add "Evil to Smite" to the targeted creature. If the Paladin is multiclass, then change LVL to CL and adjust the CL of the Spell Class section to match Paladin level
    Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN(evil); IFT: CUSTOM(Evil to Smite); ATK: [CHA]; DMG: [LVL]; AC: [CHA] deflection; DMGTYPE: drbypass
    Champion of Balance; IFT: ALIGN (lawful, chaotic);DMG:2;DMGS:2
    Champion of Balance; IFT: ALIGN (good, evil);DMG:2;DMGS:2
    Ranger with undead favored enemy, and a weapon that ignores 5 points of DR if the target is Undead.
    IFT:TYPE(undead); DMG:-5; DMG: 5 drbypass
    2 different STACK commands (BCE and remove effect Tag), Syntax is STACK; (allows for multiple of the same effect to work) or STACK: (it will add a number in front of the effect more like a counter)
    This setup allows the player to click the effect multiple times to get the desired bonus, works well with 1 round duration and remove on use options
    STACK; DC:1
    This syntax will place a number at the front of the effect after the word stack:
    STACK: uses of channel energy used out of 3+;[CHA]
    Cape of Wasps;CONC:20;TDMG:2d6
    Last edited by Morenu; February 21st, 2024 at 18:20.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Saved for more effects
    Last edited by Morenu; February 19th, 2024 at 04:26.

Another question for the experienced.

Can I code a weapon that ignores 5 points of DR if the target is Undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    Another question for the experienced.

Can I code a weapon that ignores 5 points of DR if the target is Undead?
    Unless the weapon already bypasses DR, you can always use IF TYPE=Undead, DMG=5; to give 5 extra points of damage to simulate it.

The character is a Ranger with undead as a favored enemy, so that effect is already in use.
    Would also like the effect to be something I don't need to remember to activate and deactivate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    The character is a Ranger with undead as a favored enemy, so that effect is already in use.
    Would also like the effect to be something I don't need to remember to activate and deactivate.
    I was able to set up the following: undead Mace.PNG

I put the Ranger undead DMG: 5 on the combat tab
    I put the Mace undead DMG: 5 on the mace (could not get a DR: -5 to work so this is only good for DR 5 or more undead) MUST UNEQUIP THIS if fighting undead with a different weapon AND if fighting undead with no DR then either have DM turn off the effect or add a DMG: -5 effect to counteract it

I had the mace do a flat 15.
    - The Dragon has DR 5 and took 10 (not undead so 15 -5)
    - The Lizard took 15 (not undead and no DR so 15)
    - the undead has DR 5 and took 20 (Undead ranger +5 & Mace +5 DR -5 = 15+5+5-5=20)

Best I could come up with

would be what you are looking for, assuming the ranger can always do at least 5 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post

would be what you are looking for, assuming the ranger can always do at least 5 damage.
    Thanks, that did the trick.

OK new one. I know that Spell resistance does not stack.

so I have a feat that is SR=5+character level

Obviously I can at the total to the Combat tab and add 1 to it every level.

I can also do SR:5 and SR:[LVL] but since SR doesn't stack It only gives the higher of the 2.

is there a way to do the equivalent of SR:[LVL]+5 so it goes up as the character gains levels?
    Last edited by Morenu; October 29th, 2023 at 12:50.

Thread Information