DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wanting to add a homebrew...

I found a homebrew of Final Fantasy XIV ARR classes in D&D form, and want to add them to Fantasy Grounds. Creating a class and race is easy enough, however I was wondering...would I need to create a module and things for it to be used in a game session? Would I need to make a module (if that's even the right term) to allow players to use that information I put in as easily as the other classes and races from the PHB?

Very new to this and really eager to try to learn it, my Google searches haven't really proven useful...mainly because I guess when they start explaining libraries and modules they assume you already know what you're reading about. :/

Blog Entries
    For players to access the data its best to export it as a Module, activate the Module from the Library and then mark it as Player Load.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    For players to access the data its best to export it as a Module, activate the Module from the Library and then mark it as Player Load.
    Um...do you know where I can find a tutorial on how to do that? You may as well have spoken that in French, I'm having a hard time following. :/

If I've got this right, I just create all I'm going to create, then do /export and drag everything I make into that...is that the basics of it?

Info on exporting to a module here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Info on exporting to a module here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export
    Bless you sir. Bless you.

Blog Entries
    Also of possible interest; Adventure Module Best Practices

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You gentleman are lights in my darkest abyss. xD

I was crawling through the dungeons of the forum and came across this little gem of a thread. It gives me warm fuzzies that I found this and might actually be able to export all of my work to be able to save if computer has melt down during a storm power surge.

Thank you.

Though, I have homebrew races and classes I would like to share with others. How would I go about Exporting them in a module that includes Races, Classes, and anything else that might be needed for the content? I'm not very good at *.xml coding and would hope that there are ways to make modules within FG for Subscribers.

Thank you again.
    Last edited by RavenSaint; September 9th, 2018 at 13:34.

Thread Information