DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

5E: Map Indicator for Death

I promised a forum person that once I figured out extensions I'd make one for the "dead" indicator I use for my AD&D Core ruleset that would work for 5e so here it is. To be clear if you run the AD&D Core ruleset you don't need this extension as it's built in... if you use 5e ruleset then you can make use of it.

Here is a sample of what it looks like.

Anyone who wishes to take this and make it work in a different way or with a different ruleset (this one ONLY works with the 5e ruleset) feel free!

changes:
    Version 1.1, shrunk the icon image. 2 images now, one for pc and one for npc. Not sure how this will work in 5e where hp don't drop below 0 for pcs in FG?
    1.2, fixed 5e death token for PC
    1.3, updated for FG 3.3.2 patch
    1.5, updated for 3.3.5, in theory it also should work with CoreRPG based rulesets now (only tested with 5e).
    1.6, updated code to not override CoreRPG scripts (thanks to pointer from Andraax). Should eliminate (most) the need to update when new versions of CoreRPG are released.
    1.7 updated to default to ON for DM/PC view when installed (change in campaign settings)
    1.8 changed method of using widgets that "should" improve memory usage.

Download here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; June 23rd, 2019 at 21:05. Reason: Update version: 1.6

Blog Entries
    But I want a blood splat!

Just kidding, well, ok, I do, but the functionality is the important part. Thanks, look forward to using this.

Questions;
    Does the token come off the map when the NPC is removed from the CT?
    If so, any thoughts on being able to keep them around?
    If not, how can they be removed?
    Does the marker match the size of the dead NPC? (i.e. large etc)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    But I want a blood splat!

Just kidding, well, ok, I do, but the functionality is the important part. Thanks, look forward to using this.

Questions;
    Does the token come off the map when the NPC is removed from the CT?
    If so, any thoughts on being able to keep them around?
    If not, how can they be removed?
    Does the marker match the size of the dead NPC? (i.e. large etc)
    It should be simple enough to tweak the extension to use blood if you really want it

The icon is overlayed on the token. Much like the little "effect" and "hp bar". I just placed it in the center of the token. It's not a separate token. Because of that it's scaled to the token size with a slight reduction to see the token image on the edges.

As to leaving it... right now there are no plans. The single layer maps just makes it untenable for the most part if you're travelling across the maps a lot. When FGU comes out I'll be able to tweak this to automatically push the token to a layer that is NOT where the npc/player tokens are so they will not interfere with selections/actions of npcs/players. Or maybe just push it below everything else on the token layer...if they have a layer within layer (like maptools).

Here is a sample with a black dragon sized token with the other medium size ones.

You'll note there is also a tooltop message that pops up when you mouse over the Tombstone as well My old DM used to say "It's fallen as if dead" in a ominous way all the time and it became a running joke so... I used it.
    Last edited by celestian; May 1st, 2017 at 05:40.

This is great, thank you Celestian! Is there a chance there will be a CoreRPG version for this? (I mean usable for every CoreRPG based Ruleset)

Thank you very much , Celestian, this is a realy useful extension!
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
    This is great, thank you Celestian! Is there a chance there will be a CoreRPG version for this? (I mean usable for every CoreRPG based Ruleset)
    I'll take a look at it's code and see (out of town for work this week tho) and see what they have to work with in CoreRPG. The 5e ruleset made it pretty easy to add.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The icon is overlayed on the token. Much like the little "effect" and "hp bar". I just placed it in the center of the token. It's not a separate token. Because of that it's scaled to the token size As to leaving it... right now there are no plans. The single layer maps just makes it untenable for the most part if you're travelling across the maps a lot.
    The way Ikael, very cleverly, got around this in the Savage Worlds ruleset was to replace the creature token with a 1x1 transparent token (now included in CoreRPG as standard) and then putting the overlay on this token. As it very small (and transparent) it can't be selected and get in the way.

You just then need a way to remove that token at some point...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'll take a look at it's code and see (out of town for work this week tho) and see what they have to work with in CoreRPG. The 5e ruleset made it pretty easy to add.
    I think you'll find that each ruleset layered on top of CoreRPG has a pretty custom combat tracker, so it might not be easy to make (and maintain) across multiple rulesets. But, I'm not sure how much coding you've done, and where, so it might be possible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about the blood splatter. I'll probably modify your extension for my use that way. But that's easy enough for me to do. I like the "Fallen, as if dead" quote. Always leave some doubt in your players minds

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you so much for this lol i loved the quote lol can you add more random quotes? that would be so cool lolol
    Thank you friend ohh can this work with the warhammer ruleset? or others?
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information