FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    I'd be happy with just the ability to go full-screen on two monitors of differing resolution. Having a 4K monitor and a 1980x1200 monitor doesn't play well with stretching.
    I think you're going to have problems with any application you try to stretch across displays of differing resolutions, not just FG. What you are effectively wanting is a rectangle (i.e. the application window) that is actually not a rectangle. You want it to be 1800 pixels high on one side and 1200 on the other (and that is no longer a rectangle ).

You might see if your graphics driver can make your two screens into one. Nvidia drivers can often do this (though I don't know about if the resolutions differ), or you might just have to set the resolutions of both monitors the same.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Solidworks, one of the top major engineering modeling programs, doesn't let you undock or split screens either. It's probably the most annoying things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    Well? I guess I just have to upgrade.
    i have a 45 inch monitor, it doesnt make it that much easier
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the Unity engine does not allow multiple windows per application. So, FGU will be a single window tabletop application. If you want to spread across monitors, stretching the window will be the solution.

Regards,
    JPG

Isn't this the number one request here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ ?

I am not sure why it's not going to be implemented if it is. I will buy the Unity Engine either way really as I am okay with stretching across multiple monitors, I just thought that list was a good gauge of what we could and couldn't expect, especially the top two or three.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Isn't this the number one request here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ ?

I am not sure why it's not going to be implemented if it is. I will buy the Unity Engine either way really as I am okay with stretching across multiple monitors, I just thought that list was a good gauge of what we could and couldn't expect, especially the top two or three.
    If Unity doesn't allow it then Unity doesn't allow it, its no Smiteworks' choice at that point
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think you're going to have problems with any application you try to stretch across displays of differing resolutions, not just FG. What you are effectively wanting is a rectangle (i.e. the application window) that is actually not a rectangle. You want it to be 1800 pixels high on one side and 1200 on the other (and that is no longer a rectangle ).

You might see if your graphics driver can make your two screens into one. Nvidia drivers can often do this (though I don't know about if the resolutions differ), or you might just have to set the resolutions of both monitors the same.
    I use my AMD Eyefinity option to convert my 2 screens into 1 when i play FG and then turn it off when i'm done. I use the quick setup, since both my screens are the same size/resolution. But, I've seen on the advanced setup you can have different resolutions align to the top/bottom/middle and "cut-off" the difference in resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    If Unity doesn't allow it then Unity doesn't allow it, its no Smiteworks' choice at that point
    Not trying to argue here but whose choice is it if it isn't Smiteworks? Are they doing the Unity Engine themselves or are they having someone do it, and, in either case, isn't it still there call as to what it does and doesn't include?
    Last edited by yeknom; June 16th, 2017 at 10:17. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Not trying to argue here but whose choice is it if it isn't Smiteworks? Are they doing the Unity Engine themselves or are they having someone do it, and, in either case, isn't it still there call as to what it does and doesn't include?
    Unity is a commercially available engine. It's kind of like a programming language, but it has a library of functions that you can build your applications with. You can get more info here; https://unity3d.com/unity

In short, if Unity doesn't support multiple windows, then it won't be possible. I know the concept of detached windows is great, but as others have said, how many applications do you know of that can do this? The only one I know of is Gimp. And as Nylafs said, even programs that cost thousands of dollars (professional CAD) don't have this capability.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Unity is a commercially available engine. It's kind of like a programming language, but it has a library of functions that you can build your applications with. You can get more info here; https://unity3d.com/unity

In short, if Unity doesn't support multiple windows, then it won't be possible. I know the concept of detached windows is great, but as others have said, how many applications do you know of that can do this? The only one I know of is Gimp. And as Nylafs said, even programs that cost thousands of dollars (professional CAD) don't have this capability.
    Thanks, that cleared it up for me. I am not a programmer and know nothing about programming. If there are programs that use detached windows I wouldn't know of them to begin with. I am happy to use FG primarily because I don't need to do any programming. I appreciate the work that the programmers do because it helps me to enjoy my games, but honestly, for the most part, I don't ever think of it from a programmers perspective. I think of it from my perspective as a consumer and as such most of my questions relate to that point of view.

Again, thanks, that cleared it up for me.

Thread Information