5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Exporting Notes

@Trenloe and @damned, I just made a story with all of the notes linked and exported it with the class and all other features associated with it (drag and drop export). I imported and loaded into a new campaign and opened the story and all the links are blank. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Varatta View Post
    Okay, and will it then export if I export that story data?
    Yes, because it is creating a new story entry, copying the data from the original note. It is not linking to that note.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe and @damned, I just made a story with all of the notes linked and exported it with the class and all other features associated with it (drag and drop export). I imported and loaded into a new campaign and opened the story and all the links are blank. =P
    As mentioned before - Notes do not export. You need to copy *every* note you already have to the story data list - not just link them within a single story record.

At this point you should have all of your notes records copied to the Story data list. At this point, forget about the old notes entries - everything you do from here should just be in the story entries.

Then, once you have copied all of the notes entries to new story entries, go into each story entry and recreate any links to notes that you have - drag/drop the links from the new story entries over the old links.

EDIT - you only need to recreate links to the old notes entries (if you had any), you don't need to recreate links to other FG data (spells, etc.) as these haven't changed.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2018 at 04:41.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, I'm really confused, I clearly don't have a good enough grasp of the terminology here. Wasn't the point to create a workaround for exporting notes? What is 'data' from notes then?

For example, I have a note with a bunch of spells from the PHB linked into it (to create a spell list for a subclass homebrew). Another note is a table I wrote (non-rolling) showing what items a subclass can create at what level. I linked the notes into the story and exported it. Now in the new campaign when I open the story all of the links are blank.

So what is 'note data'?

Taking the screenshot shown in post #8:

1) Open the Story campaign data window (click on the "Story" button on the right side of the desktop). Do not create a new story record.
    2) Drag/drop the links from the 13 entries in the "Notes" campaign data window to the "Story" campaign data window.
    3) If you have any links within those 13 entries that link to the other notes entries, re-make the links within the new Story entries to the relevant new Story record/s. You don't need to recreate any other links - to spells, etc. as these haven't changed.
    4) Export the story entries to a module.
    5) When you're happy, remove the original notes entries - you don't need these anymore.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2018 at 04:56.

Information on campaign data here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/.../Campaign_Data

Gotcah, this is Brilliant! Thank you very much for your patience with my inability to follow instructions. =P

Worked perfectly this time.

Worked perfectly this time.
    Great news!

Thread Information