DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jfos View Post
    Ok I am trying to create the "Wand of Magic Missles" as described in the 1e DMG... The spell to emulate is already there (thanks!) and Im using the "Wand of lightning bolts" as the example to follow... ish... Ive dummied up a character and everything works "as expected" when I try to use it as a melee (according to the DMG, melees will have to "roll to hit" but there is no save. Casters will just point and click.. no saves, no "to hit roll")... heres the sticker, I had to basically put in a a negative modifier that not even Zeus could make the save, so the caster basically gets the "no to hit" roll but the save is still rolled... never ever made, but still rolled. The same magic item can be used for either melee or caster, just needs a tweek each time its "given" to someone. Is there some templatization or anything I can use to programatically assign the melee or caster "version" of the wand or?

Is there a better solution Im missing? Seems clunky... thanks let me know wyc!

Set up for caster use:

Attachment 22149

Set up for melee use:

Attachment 22150
    So, I'm slightly confused what you are making. A wand of magic missiles or lighting?

Here is what I do for magic missiles.

That would let you "cast" as a wizard and not need the to-hit and the other cast would let you make a ranged attack. The damage would be the same regardless (1d4+1 per missile, apply for however many used).
    Last edited by celestian; February 8th, 2018 at 04:34.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yep, I KNEW there was a less klugey way than what I had devised! THIS is what I was lookin for, ty!

Ill most likely ask some more n00b questions, ty for your time !

Quote Originally Posted by jfos View Post
    Yep, I KNEW there was a less klugey way than what I had devised! THIS is what I was lookin for, ty!

Ill most likely ask some more n00b questions, ty for your time !
    Happy to help, ask anytime
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 1.3:

Added support for matrix style hit tables.

(See advancement section in the class and set. Creatures use the Monster matrix based on hitdice).

Note, 3.3.7+ is required for this update.
    ---

I must have uploaded the older extension with 1.3. I've removed it and added the current version and updated the revision to 1.4 to make sure there is no confusion.

1.4 shouldn't have any issues loading.
    ---

Update 1.6: Added in entries for the new item dropbow box for types.

(This is required for 2019.02.13+).
    ---

Update 1.8: Added new arrays used for arcane/divine types (class tests)

This update is mostly for updates taking place in AD&D Core. You will need this update if you run 2019.04.04+ of AD&D Core.
    ---

With you be supporting this extension to ensure it works with future versions of the 2e set, I fully understand if if you cannot for any reason

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    With you be supporting this extension to ensure it works with future versions of the 2e set, I fully understand if if you cannot for any reason
    I plan to do my best but it wont be like the 2E ruleset which is an official product. I don't foresee a problem keeping it working and maintained for the updates. Now, adding a lot of features? Probably won't be in the near term.
    ---

good hear that

Thread Information