Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I actually found a page 101 covers this pretty well. They have set values and the weight allowance gives a greater or less number for it. Here is what I'm looking at right now for it.

    ...

    This should account for bonus/penalties. So, someone with 13 strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 205,170,135.
    In fact, no
    Should be:
    Code:
            local nHeavyCarry = 1050;
            local nModerateCarry = 700;
            local nNormalCarry = 350;
    So, someone with 13 Strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 1150,800,450.
    "#" on page 101-102 means 1 pound. You must multiply by 10 (gold pieces) to be correct. Weight Allowance, on page 9, is given in gold pieces...
    Welcome to 1st edition

    And you made a mistake here:
    Code:
        aWisdom[13]  =    { 0, "1x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[14]  =    { 0, "2x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[15]  =    { 1, "2x1,1x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[16]  =    { 2, "2x2,2x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[17]  =    { 3, "2x2,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[18]  =    { 4, "Various", 0, "None"};
    Should be:

    Code:
        aWisdom[13]  =    { 0, "1x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[14]  =    { 0, "2x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[15]  =    { 1, "2x1,1x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[16]  =    { 2, "2x1,2x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[17]  =    { 3, "2x1,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[18]  =    { 4, "2x1,2x2,1x3,1x4", 0, "None"};
    Thank you very much for your ruleset. You are great !!!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    In fact, no
    Should be:
    Code:
            local nHeavyCarry = 1050;
            local nModerateCarry = 700;
            local nNormalCarry = 350;
    So, someone with 13 Strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 1150,800,450.
    "#" on page 101-102 means 1 pound. You must multiply by 10 (gold pieces) to be correct. Weight Allowance, on page 9, is given in gold pieces...
    Welcome to 1st edition
    That I was aware of actually. I've a specific setting to multiply actual coin's weight by a different value than I used for 2e. However, if they say "105#" it means 105 lbs which gear is weighted in lbs (in my ruleset) so doesn't need the adjustment for coin weight. Any of the Item modules that's how I've done it at least.

    "normal gear — about 35# and no great bulk" - tells me it's 35lbs adjusted for weight allowance of +-Pounds.

    In 1e I think they list item weight as coin weight, not lbs? I use lbs directly so I think we're in the clear. You'll just need to make sure items are listed in pounds not "coin" weight? I suppose I could just adjust the weight carried by 10 if that is preferred.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    And you made a mistake here:
    Code:
        aWisdom[13]  =    { 0, "1x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[14]  =    { 0, "2x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[15]  =    { 1, "2x1,1x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[16]  =    { 2, "2x2,2x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[17]  =    { 3, "2x2,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[18]  =    { 4, "Various", 0, "None"};
    Should be:

    Code:
        aWisdom[13]  =    { 0, "1x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[14]  =    { 0, "2x1", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[15]  =    { 1, "2x1,1x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[16]  =    { 2, "2x1,2x2", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[17]  =    { 3, "2x1,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
        aWisdom[18]  =    { 4, "2x1,2x2,1x3,1x4", 0, "None"};
    Thank you very much for your ruleset. You are great !!!
    18 is set to various because it gets so long it wont fit in the text field. Because of that it's in 118 and shows as a tooltip. 118 (100+18) is not actually the wisdom score, it's just a place I moved the values that I needed for tooltips so might be confusing.

    "aWisdom[118] = { 4, "Bonus Spells: 2x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd, 1x4th", 0, "None"};"

    When "Various" shows you have to mouse over to get the tooltip for the full view, was the best option I could come up with.

    Thanks again for your reports! Want to make sure things are accurate as can be for your game pleasure
    Last edited by celestian; October 5th, 2017 at 06:25.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    That I was aware of actually. I've a specific setting to multiply actual coin's weight by a different value than I used for 2e. However, if they say "105#" it means 105 lbs which gear is weighted in lbs (in my ruleset) so doesn't need the adjustment for coin weight. Any of the Item modules that's how I've done it at least.

    "normal gear about 35# and no great bulk" - tells me it's 35lbs adjusted for weight allowance of +-Pounds.

    In 1e I think they list item weight as coin weight, not lbs? I use lbs directly so I think we're in the clear. You'll just need to make sure items are listed in pounds not "coin" weight? I suppose I could just adjust the weight carried by 10 if that is preferred.
    Indeed, 35 lbs adjusted by weight allowance (for 13 STR should be 35 + 10 = 45 (pounds)).
    Items are listed in coins (except armor, see DMG p239) but I use lbs too. But at this moment, weight allowance should be divide by 10 to be set in lbs too.


    And I find the Power field has a strange behavior. It's different than in 5E Ruleset.
    I can't appear a spell when I'm in Combat Mode. I see spells in Preparation Mode, I can check them. It's ok in Standard Mode.
    Prep.jpg
    Standard.jpg
    Combat.jpg
    Last edited by Vackipleur; October 5th, 2017 at 10:43.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Indeed, 35 lbs adjusted by weight allowance (for 13 STR should be 35 + 10 = 45 (pounds)).
    Items are listed in coins (except armor, see DMG p239) but I use lbs too. But at this moment, weight allowance should be divide by 10 to be set in lbs too.
    Okay, I'll make the change for the next release of the ruleset (thats where I manage that bit) and assume that DMs are using "coin weight" for items.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    And I find the Power field has a strange behavior. It's different than in 5E Ruleset.
    I can't appear a spell when I'm in Combat Mode. I see spells in Preparation Mode, I can check them. It's ok in Standard Mode.
    Prep.jpg
    Standard.jpg
    Combat.jpg
    Thats because there isn't a "prep" mode for spells in AD&D. You'll have to actually memorize the spells.

    Here you can see the spell bless has not be memorized and the player has 2 slots for level 1 spells.



    Here the player clicked on the memorization book twice to add slots memorized and both the boxes with 0's are now 2.



    So, when you go into "combat" mode it will only list spells that are memorized. Using standard/prep modes will always show all spells, memorized or not.



    Lastly the player will have to use the "CAST" option for a spell slot to be used.
    Last edited by celestian; October 5th, 2017 at 20:10.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  5. #15
    Ok I've understood. I created the spell and didn't drag and drop the Spell from SRD. If you create the spell you don't have a Memorize button...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Ok I've understood. I created the spell and didn't drag and drop the Spell from SRD. If you create the spell you don't have a Memorize button...
    Yeah, it expects a spell level to determine if it is a "spell". If you create the spell in the Spell records section and set the level it should work if you drag/drop that one in the characters power section.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Yeah, it expects a spell level to determine if it is a "spell". If you create the spell in the Spell records section and set the level it should work if you drag/drop that one in the characters power section.
    Almost... If one forgets to assign (divine or arcane) the spell type, FG doesnt know if you can cast it or not Ive noticed(Im assuming the coding flow is something like if x = true then assign the memorize feature where x = divine or arcane and since its nil, I bet it returns "not true"... and its right... sorta)

    Celestian, this 1e extension is rockin... I have a few questions surrounding effects and wands/items and charges etc... I'll post some pics and etc and let ya know. Im assuming its operator error on my part, as I cant find anything else to complain about but the insane data entry effort =P. The headstart already provided was a great template to follow and 75% of what Im looking for is already there. Thanks for the effort!

    Once I get pics and my ducks in a row Ill ask the questions in the next day or so.


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    2,944
    Welcome to the forums, jfos!

  9. #19
    Ok I am trying to create the "Wand of Magic Missles" as described in the 1e DMG... The spell to emulate is already there (thanks!) and Im using the "Wand of lightning bolts" as the example to follow... ish... Ive dummied up a character and everything works "as expected" when I try to use it as a melee (according to the DMG, melees will have to "roll to hit" but there is no save. Casters will just point and click.. no saves, no "to hit roll")... heres the sticker, I had to basically put in a a negative modifier that not even Zeus could make the save, so the caster basically gets the "no to hit" roll but the save is still rolled... never ever made, but still rolled. The same magic item can be used for either melee or caster, just needs a tweek each time its "given" to someone. Is there some templatization or anything I can use to programatically assign the melee or caster "version" of the wand or?

    Is there a better solution Im missing? Seems clunky... thanks let me know wyc!

    Set up for caster use:

    caster_wand.PNG

    Set up for melee use:

    melee_wand.PNG

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Welcome to the forums, jfos!
    TY, and I must say again, this rule set and 1e extension is cool AF!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in