Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Update 1.3:

Added support for matrix style hit tables.

(See advancement section in the class and set. Creatures use the Monster matrix based on hitdice).

Note, 3.3.7+ is required for this update.

So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters that have this issue?

I'm using FGU lastest version.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    Update 1.3:

Added support for matrix style hit tables.

(See advancement section in the class and set. Creatures use the Monster matrix based on hitdice).

Note, 3.3.7+ is required for this update.

So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters that have this issue?

I'm using FGU lastest version.
    The attack matrix is generated based on a table. If there isn't a valid entry found for the hd it sets it to all 20s. You can configure the matrix in the combat section for the npc. Make a local copy and set it there and you should be fine.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Really dumb question: Is this extension meant to be used with the 2e ruleset or is that another one?

Quote Originally Posted by doseyclwn View Post
    Really dumb question: Is this extension meant to be used with the 2e ruleset or is that another one?
    Correct, it's mean to be used with the AD&D 2E ruleset.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I ran into this same issue actually for a PC - where the entire attack matrix was set to all 20...we unloaded anything not core...removed the latest EXT from folder and then restarted...then added extension back in - seems to have corrected it - however, when attacking all of the enemies are getting a +3 to hit "mystery" that we cannot determine the source - but it's only with the EXT added...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TarlGregorio View Post
    I ran into this same issue actually for a PC - where the entire attack matrix was set to all 20...we unloaded anything not core...removed the latest EXT from folder and then restarted...then added extension back in - seems to have corrected it - however, when attacking all of the enemies are getting a +3 to hit "mystery" that we cannot determine the source - but it's only with the EXT added...any thoughts?
    PC hit matrix is set based on their class. You will have to setup that on your own by copying the class from the 2E products and then adding the matrix for each level.

If the character did not use that new class with configured matrix it will default to 20s. They can edit them in the combat section on the sheet and set them.

Not sure about your +3 issue off hand.
    ---

This 1e extension is awesome. I just tried it and it takes me back.

But the window instance behavior I'm seeing is weird, maybe I did something to it? When I open a window of a type, say a Story or NPC, and then click on a new item, it overwrites the first window. Example: I can't seem to open 2 NPC records at once. Am I doing something wrong? It works in all other rulesets?

edit: i should have added I'm using the OSRIC kit from FORGE. which is also amazing.
    Last edited by sjbehindthescreen; February 18th, 2022 at 16:00. Reason: add content

Quote Originally Posted by sjbehindthescreen View Post
    This 1e extension is awesome. I just tried it and it takes me back.

But the window instance behavior I'm seeing is weird, maybe I did something to it? When I open a window of a type, say a Story or NPC, and then click on a new item, it overwrites the first window. Example: I can't seem to open 2 NPC records at once. Am I doing something wrong? It works in all other rulesets?

edit: i should have added I'm using the OSRIC kit from FORGE. which is also amazing.
    The AD&D 2e ruleset opens windows individually. If you want more than 1 window of the same type hold control when opening it. Character sheets, images and a few other window types are an exception to the single window rule.
    ---

And...it's right there on the wiki page for 2e as well. Duh.

Thanks!

Technically, the Combat Tracker should count initiative down, right? Rather than up (which I think is the way 2e does it)? Such that in 1e the highest initiative result would be at the top, and lowest at the bottom? I'm not sure it matters, but I just noticed it.

Edit: NVM, initiative does count UP in 1e, it's just that the roll was kinda weird since the PC's initiative roll was actually used by the enemies. In FGU, we remove that distinction.
    Last edited by sjbehindthescreen; March 2nd, 2022 at 21:43.

Thread Information