STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Celestian you did official ruleset too no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Celestian you did official ruleset too no?
    Correct.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Very minor update.

Update 1.9: Added Container item type

This version is in preparation for the AD&D 2E ruleset update tomorrow (2019.04.23).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Any possibility of adding attack modifiers based on AC to weapons? I mean, I know it's doable manually (just like with pen and paper), but it's one aspect of 1e that could definitely benefit from better automation (not to mention being one of only two things I prefer in 1e over 2e).

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrey View Post
    Any possibility of adding attack modifiers based on AC to weapons? I mean, I know it's doable manually (just like with pen and paper), but it's one aspect of 1e that could definitely benefit from better automation (not to mention being one of only two things I prefer in 1e over 2e).
    Weapon versus armor was a thing in 1e and 2e actually, just most people did not use it so I can see why you'd think 2E did not have it.

You can do this but it will require some work on the DM's part.

In "Effect Features" for a weapon item (set to action only):

IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail);ATK: 2

And then the target needs to have plate or platemail in their inventory equipped.

That said. I would not go nuts with it. FG does not like making nodes. So if you have 20 npcs all with equipment lists a mile long it will take a while to add them to the CT.

Because of that I did not go through and add all those effects to weapons.
    ---

Update 1.10: Added various other item types

This is in preparation for the 2019.04.30 2E ruleset release which also adds these types.
    ---

Update 1.12: Added Equipment Pack item type to maintain parity with ruleset.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Weapon versus armor was a thing in 1e and 2e actually, just most people did not use it so I can see why you'd think 2E did not have it.

You can do this but it will require some work on the DM's part.

In "Effect Features" for a weapon item (set to action only):

IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail);ATK: 2

And then the target needs to have plate or platemail in their inventory equipped.

That said. I would not go nuts with it. FG does not like making nodes. So if you have 20 npcs all with equipment lists a mile long it will take a while to add them to the CT.

Because of that I did not go through and add all those effects to weapons.

I actually like and use the weapon to hit vs. armor type adjustments for combat as it makes players more carefully consider their primary and secondary weapon of choice and it doesn't really slow down our game any with excessive "crunch" because I use the combat wheels. But I have noticed that people often use it incorrectly to adjust to hit an armor class instead of against an armor type. Pg 28 of the DMG says "there is no bonus against monsters that are not wearing armor".

I happen to have both combat wheels from back in the day, the one out of Dragon Magazine #74, as well as the limited edition one that was printed in the UK. For anyone who is interested here is a link to the one out of Dragon Magazine #74 if you want to print and cut out: https://mageofthestripedtower.blogsp...-computer.html Unfortunately I don't have the requisite coding skills to incorporate into the FG classic D&D modules, but hopefully someday somebody does!

BTW, thanks for all the hard work you've put in on the 2nd and now 1st ed classic D&D release for FG Celstian! I'm a 1st edition guy all the way... now if only we could somehow add the assassin and monk character classes to the 1st ed extension!

P.S. This is what the other combat wheel looks like: AD&D Combat wheel.jpg
    Last edited by kccal; August 19th, 2019 at 05:04.

Update 1.2: Updated organization to make it less work to update and keep aligned with the 2E ruleset.

No changes specific to features but mostly to make future updates easier and perhaps not necessary if 1E doesn't need an override (where 1e and 2e align).
    ---

Update 1.3: Fixed Wisdom 17 spell bonuses
    ---

Thread Information