Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

AD&D Core 1e Extention

AD&D Core 1e Extension.

Also available in the FG Forge - information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-1e-Extention

2E ruleset 2021.07.24+ is required for this extension.

This extension is meant to be used with the AD&D 2E ruleset.

Purpose, to tweak these properties for the slight differences in 1e and 2e AD&D.
    • Saves
    • Abilities (Str/Dex/etc)
    • Use a Matrix instead of THACO
    • Initiative Dice (d6)

This requires the AD&D 2E ruleset which comes with Fantasy Grounds Unity.

The most current release version should be attached to this message.

In the future if there are any divergences between the 1e and 2e functions in the AD&D Core ruleset this will be how I address them.

If I made any typos or missed something that tweaks your nose between 1e and 2e differences let me know.

Download here: the Forge.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 11th, 2022 at 19:00. Reason: Added link to Forge thread

Updated extension to be able to work with the encumbrance features added.

Thinks for posting an updated extension. There are now 2 extensions as attachments in post #1, both with the same name. Could you remove the old one so there's no confusion please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thinks for posting an updated extension. There are now 2 extensions as attachments in post #1, both with the same name. Could you remove the old one so there's no confusion please?
    Done. Sorry I normally clean out previous versions.

Hi Celestian,

I've found two issues in your ruleset and the AD&D1 extension:

First, #henchmen is always set to 0 and never increase (or decrease) whatever your Charisma score is.

Second, encumbrance is not like in AD&D2. Strength adjustment must be added to 500 to give proper value. For example, if you have 17 in Strength, your max weight allowance is 1000 (base 500 + 500 bonus). Here, maximum is always 0

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Hi Celestian,

First, #henchmen is always set to 0 and never increase (or decrease) whatever your Charisma score is.

Second, encumbrance is not like in AD&D2. Strength adjustment must be added to 500 to give proper value. For example, if you have 17 in Strength, your max weight allowance is 1000 (base 500 + 500 bonus). Here, maximum is always 0
    I'll look at these and get it sorted. Thanks for the reports.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Hi Celestian,

I found the bug with the charisma score, actually was affecting the ruleset over all. When I re-worked the effects and stat adjustments for AD&D I mis-named a var... fixed that.

Regarding encumbrance. I'll need to dig deeper into this. Do you have specific page/ref where that is contained? I can look over it and see if there is a way to wrap it around 1e. For now I've set it to not mess with movement till I can (the ruleset). I've got work sending me on travel at various days for the next few weeks so my time isn't what I'd like ;(

I also noticed that I had missing turn undead data in the 1e extension and added that. I'll push out this version once the Core version has been updated/released.

The next version of AD&D core I release will have these changes. If I can figure out a real 1e encumbrance function before then tho I'll add that.
    Last edited by celestian; October 4th, 2017 at 01:47.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Do you have specific page/ref where that is contained?
    Mentioned on page 9 of the PHB under Notes Regarding Strength Table II:

If a character could normally carry 500 gold pieces without encumbrance, but that character had a strength of 17 instead of the normal 8-11 range, 1,000 gold pieces could be carried without incurring movement penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    Mentioned on page 9 of the PHB under Notes Regarding Strength Table II:
    I actually found a page 101 covers this pretty well. They have set values and the weight allowance gives a greater or less number for it. Here is what I'm looking at right now for it.

Code:
            local nWeightAllowance = DataCommonADND.aStrength[nStrength][3];

local nHeavyCarry = 105;
            local nModerateCarry = 70;
            local nNormalCarry = 35;

-- determine if wt carried is greater than a encumbrance rank for strength value
            if (nWeightCarried >= (nHeavyCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
                nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncHeavy; -- greater than heavy
                sEncRank = "Heavy";
            elseif (nWeightCarried >= (nModerateCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
                nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncModerate; -- greater than moderate
                sEncRank = "Moderate";
            elseif (nWeightCarried >= (nNormalCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
                nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncLight; -- greater than light
                sEncRank = "Light";
            else
                nBaseEnc = nBaseMove;
            end
    This should account for bonus/penalties. So, someone with 13 strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 205,170,135.
    Last edited by celestian; October 4th, 2017 at 22:10.
    ---

Update 1.1

Fixed encumbrance for 1e values.

Make sure to 2017.10.04 or higher version of AD&D Core for 1.1 extension.
    Last edited by celestian; October 4th, 2017 at 22:30.
    ---

Thread Information