FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

FGU Images and Layers Demo Titles

Now that we've finally gotten Carl past most of the boring stuff, he's been able to stretch his legs and have a little fun with images. This is still very much a prototype, but as you can see, it's coming along very nicely and he's making pretty short work of it so far.

Looking good
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Great stuff, asked this on the youtube channel but I'll ask it here... will it be possible to hide a layer from players but not a DM? I'd love to drop a pre-made player map image and then drop the same size/scale DM version of it on top and the players see theirs and I see mine.

It seemed like hiding was there but not sure if it's at that level?

Blog Entries
    Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

OK. I am ready to pay my $100 for FGU Ultimate right now.

Do the images come with FGU or are they separate (bought from another party or in our own collection)?

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Do the images come with FGU or are they separate (bought from another party or in our own collection)?
    I was wondering that very same thing... but I doubted that the assets would be included with the Unity engine itself, outside of perhaps the weather effects.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Blog Entries
    will it be possible to hide a layer from players but not a DM? I'd love to drop a pre-made player map image and then drop the same size/scale DM version of it on top and the players see theirs and I see mine.
    We're still building features and working out the UI, but you can expect to be able to hide layers from players. While you could have two maps, one for the player and one for the GM; layering GM-only information onto the map that is invisible to the players may be a more practical approach.
    Last edited by pindercarl; April 25th, 2017 at 05:28.

Blog Entries
    The specific images in the video are modified images from https://madcowchef.deviantart.com/ga...Free-Map-Tiles and from https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=16821

I haven't done any 2D based tilemaps in a long time and they were readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    We're still building features and working out the UI, but you can expect to be able to hide layers from players. While you could have two maps, one for the player and one for the GM; layering GM-only information onto the map that is invisible to the players may be a more practical approach.
    Understood. I just have a lot of dual maps for player/DM. Not something I'd do all the time but it certainly makes my mapping a bit easier since I can do it all in CC3+ and not have to worry about having the same assets in FG.

Thanks for the update. Looks great!

Thread Information