DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Syntax & Parsing NPC Breath Weapon + Effect

I want an NPC corruption-afflicted bear to have a breath weapon where it spits out acidic blood, which requires a DC 13 Dex save to avoid, and does 3d10 and applies Frightened to anyone who fails, half damage to successful rolls with no effects. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to fit all of that into the monster sheet (as if I had just pulled it from the MM). I was able to fit in the damage, the effect, and the dex check, but I haven't been able to figure out how to denote half damage and no effects in the parsing of the syntax for FG.

How would I do this?

You should find what you need in this post.

If not then the wording would be:

Breath Weapon. The bear spits out a stream of acid (in a 5 ft. wide line 60 ft. long?). All creatures in the area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure the target takes 17 (3d10) acid damage and is frightened for 1 minute, with half as much damage on a successful saving throw and the frightened condition is negated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Does the cone detail matter? Cuz I'm still going to need to target each affected creature in the Combat Tracker anyways, right?

Blog Entries
    The cone detail doesn't matter for the effect, only so that when read the person knows what to select.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Alright then. Thanks, both of you. The parse was completely successful, and I'll deff use the link Zacc gave me.

Thread Information