5E Character Create Playlist

Win32/Heri Virus Found!

The latest update appears to contain the Win32/Heri virus, a pretty scary one from what I am reading. Unfortunately resolving the virus also prevents FG from working! Can we get a clean release please?

What you are getting is a false positive caused by your AVG anti-virus program, you need to make an exception for the installer and executable in avg

uh....sure. Perhaps I can post my bank account password here as well.....

seriously dude, how else did I know you were using AVG?

More help here and here
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    To summarize the other links posted, this is a false positive within AVG. You can fix it now by adding an exception. Alternately, you can wait for AVG to correct their false positive. We have sent the executables to AVG so they can update their records.

This has happened with other releases in the past, but not every one of them. Why does AVG occasionally pick up and report Fantasy Grounds as a virus? We suspect it is because the updater and executable replaces itself as part of the update. It could also be the simple process of one executable downloading and placing another executable on your hard disk. That is the same technique that a virus uses to replicate itself.

Thread Information