FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 68 of 70 First ... 18586667686970 Last
    Thanks to *you*, Celestian - and well done for keeping it under wraps. This release has made me so so happy. This is what my Easter (and Easter budget) is going on now. Weird that the only module released is the EXACT module I had been converting to use in your ruleset (and the previous AD&D community rulesets). Saves me reading it again and doing a tonne of work, though, so I'm all for it! Cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralynTorm View Post
    Thanks to *you*, Celestian - and well done for keeping it under wraps. This release has made me so so happy. This is what my Easter (and Easter budget) is going on now. Weird that the only module released is the EXACT module I had been converting to use in your ruleset (and the previous AD&D community rulesets). Saves me reading it again and doing a tonne of work, though, so I'm all for it! Cannot wait.
    It's wicked because it was same one I was doing last year for C&C - it seems that AtCotRG is a great "campaign starter" - I was going to do that one, hall of the halfling and then T1.
    At that point I expected to go to FGG pdfs since I had more of them in official pdf form and would be easier than transcribing as most of the rest of the TSR pdfs I have are mega modules and couple higher levels.

He like read my mind and gave it to me on a platter

Well, congratulations; that's awesome news! I hope you get some compensation for all your hard work!! I am a 1/1.5e guy but I will purchase the 2e ruleset to show my support for AD&D on Fantasy Grounds.

Guess I better start packing up house for the AD&D1e game and export everything over to the 2e ruleset. I appreciate all your hard work and bringing this ruleset into the official fold is a big step! Thanks...

Now...I'm off to export land!

I know you're super extremely busy, but have you ever considered doing a YouTube series based solely on how you modified the ruleset, windows etc? All the info out there is so outdated and there just doesn't seem to be any really good, down and dirty tutorials on any of it. It's really frustrating because I have the motivation to dig in, but I just can't seem to find anything that will help me get started. Even the developer wiki is very ambiguous. I can understand the concepts, but I'm more of a visual person and find it easier if someone breaks it down step by step on what to edit, where to edit, etc. I know it's a lot to ask, but it would help greatly. Just a thought, and thanks for totally hitting one out of the park with the 2E ruleset, have been waiting YEARS for this!

Blog Entries
    There is lots of material out there.
    The techniques and methods and layering hasnt changed so coding guides created years ago are in many cases still very valid.
    Have you looked at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PS...qc_9w1TWQfTPUA

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbilly View Post
    I know you're super extremely busy, but have you ever considered doing a YouTube series based solely on how you modified the ruleset, windows etc? All the info out there is so outdated and there just doesn't seem to be any really good, down and dirty tutorials on any of it. It's really frustrating because I have the motivation to dig in, but I just can't seem to find anything that will help me get started. Even the developer wiki is very ambiguous. I can understand the concepts, but I'm more of a visual person and find it easier if someone breaks it down step by step on what to edit, where to edit, etc. I know it's a lot to ask, but it would help greatly. Just a thought, and thanks for totally hitting one out of the park with the 2E ruleset, have been waiting YEARS for this!
    I wish I did have the time to do what you ask because I know how hard it is to figure things out. It takes a lot of time and effort and even then you'll probably never know everything I still have problems with window/text alignment and navigating up/down the window.subwindow.parent/etc.

What I did was just take the 5E ruleset and start trimming bits off. Started small and worked outward. Use Debug.console() liberally if you don't know what a value is and even if you do. I still drop debugs all throughout new stuff I'm working on now because this stuff is tricky. After you get a better idea you start adding in little things. The API is fairly well documented but the functions within the rulesets are not. You have to just get a feel for those and learn which of the global scripts are for what. An example is StringManager.*. Look at the CoreRPG version of the StringManager.

Code:
     ~\CoreRPG.3.3.7\base.xml (1 hit)
     Line 49: 	<script name="StringManager" file="scripts/manager_string.lua" />
    So you know it's in the scripts/manager_string.lua file. Then I'd search "function " in the document and look at the names. From there I got a general idea what they did after review of each function and then would experiment with them. Make a extension, throw test code in it. I still do this for the ruleset. Specially if I need to bulk update some node/records.

There is almost always something that is like what you want to do. Look around, find what they did and modify it to fit your needs.

I don't wanna get to far off in the weeds because it's a big project. Do it because you like to do it and have a passion for it. Take your time, use google for LUA coding questions, the FG API for within FG and lastly The Workshop forum for global script use and just general wtf issues.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

First, thanks for the official 2e release. I am happy about that

When I apply this, I only get -2 of the -3 specified for Charisma. The chat logs say... 'Ability adjustment 'Charisma -3' applied to... but it applies one less than what is specified.

Yeah, doing my own races since too many are duped in from the OSRIC extension (I just want some missing races without duping everything).

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    First, thanks for the official 2e release. I am happy about that

When I apply this, I only get -2 of the -3 specified for Charisma. The chat logs say... 'Ability adjustment 'Charisma -3' applied to... but it applies one less than what is specified.

Yeah, doing my own races since too many are duped in from the OSRIC extension (I just want some missing races without duping everything).

Using this works for me.

Code:
    Your dexterity score increases by 1, and your constitution score increases by 1, and your intelligence score is reduced by 3

That is using the 2E ruleset, not AD&D Core but both should be the same in this regard... right now at least.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

All stats were 9 at the start. As you can see, the chat log looks fantastic, the actual results not so much.

EDIT: Whoa, failed to notice that it was adding 2 to both STR and CON.

MORE INFO: Parsed string was -

Your constitution score increases by 1, and your strength score increases by 1, and your charisma score is reduced by 3

Last edited by Topdecker; April 21st, 2019 at 23:07.

Thread Information